Telephone off hook

Pear trees

Jan 25, 2015
My mum regularly does not put the phone receiver back properly so it is engaged all the time until someone pops in later that day. She does not make any calls, preferring us to call her throughout the day to check she is OK.

Can anyone suggest a simple to use phone that is easy to return onto the hook at the end of a call?

Pear trees

Jan 25, 2015
Thanks for your suggestions Nitram, the blue one looks good as has got a lighter receiver. Will give it a try!

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Note that it does not have a memory, all numbers have to be dialled, if you search a bit you should find something with a memory.

No memory could mean not as many calls but also many miss-dials.

Onlyme

Apr 5, 2010
UK
Mil forgot how to put the phone in the cradle so would put it across the phone rather than down the phone into its holder. We had to se up a rota to put her phone back on as it was more off than on and her alert button ran off it.

SisterAct

Jul 5, 2011
Liverpool, Merseyside
We used to ring any of Dad's neighbours and they would pop over to tell him his phone was off the hook. None of them minded.
He loved their little visits too.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
"We used to ring any of Dad's neighbours and they would pop over to tell him his phone was off the hook."

Another method of reminding the person to put the phone on the hook is to get the cheapest mobile that allows customised ring tones and program the ring tone to say 'put your phone back on the hook please mum'.

Leave the mobile inaccessible and permanently on charge.

Purchase a £10 PAYG contract but remember to make a chargeable call frequently enough - usually every 90 days - to prevent the contract being pulled .

sheelz

Sep 1, 2014
My mum regularly does not put the phone receiver back properly so it is engaged all the time until someone pops in later that day. She does not make any calls, preferring us to call her throughout the day to check she is OK.

Can anyone suggest a simple to use phone that is easy to return onto the hook at the end of a call?

my mum does this often so we now say to her as a last reminder to 'put the phone down properly now' and we wait til she has...........sometimes it works !!!??? It's very frustrating !!!

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
I found a wall mounted phone with a corded handset, where if the phone wasn't hung up properly the handset would dangle and be obvious to Mummy helped with this. Not solved it you understand, but helped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamieF7