Telephone calls at strange hours

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
My landline number is not a million miles away from that of a local taxi firm. Consequently I frequently get telephone calls either late at night or early in the morning. I am sure you all know what I imagine those calls to be! At the moment I have had about 3 calls from a woman wanting a taxi. She is very apologetic and I am very understanding the first time - you can imagine what I am like by the third time!

Ironically, my dad died at about 10 am on my birthday, while I was on a flight to Dublin! I found out 2 days later as I was preparing to make the journey home. I have always had a bad feeling about holidays ever since! And birthdays come to that!

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
It might be worth talking to BT and explaining the problem (IF changing your number would be helpful, and not throw up more problems than it would cure!) but make sure you know what they will do for free, and what they will charge for.

My mum had a dirty phone call a few months ago, and on the advice of the BT helpline we had a block put on her number for any callers who chose to with-hold their numbers. Last week she received her BT bill, and found they charge for that block!!

dmc

Mar 13, 2006
hi both
ive got myself a caller display phone but you can actually just buy the unit and attach it to your phone for a one off payment, i find it very usefull to see who's number is there before i pick up if its withheld i dont pick up!
I did spook quite a lot of my friends out when i first got it as i always knew who was calling :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah R