Telephone befriender

Discussion in 'Welcome and how to use Talking Point' started by Welshgal, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Welshgal

Welshgal New member

Jun 8, 2018
    Hi guys I'm new to this so be kind! I'm a volunteer telephone befriender and one of my ladies said something to me yesterday and I wanted to do something about it. She is a person with dementia and has been struggling lately and wanted to know a little bit more about her dementia. I believe she is stage 4. If anyone could comment on things I could tell her and ways to make it easier for her I would really appreciate it! :)

2. karaokePete

karaokePete Volunteer Host

Jul 23, 2017
    Male
    N Ireland
    Hello @Welshgal, welcome to TP. I hope you find this a friendly and supportive place.

If this lady has a diagnosis of a specific type of dementia it would be useful to detail this along with any specific questions she has so that members may be able to give advice.

Otherwise, there is a considerable list of Factsheets available and one or more of these might assist you. If you're interested, here's a link to the list https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/get-support/publications-factsheets-full-list