Teddy just been thrown down the stairs!

Bronwen

Jan 8, 2010
Bristol
Trevor has woken up about hour ago, after few hours' sleep, and decided he needed to clear out his wardrobe..I tried to stop him but the clenched fist is waved, so just go with it.

He stood at the top of the stairs, where there is a stair gate fixeed, and threw all his shoes, belts, plus the shoe rack, down the stairs. How he missed the glass front door I don't know! BUT THE FINAL STRAW WAS MY TEDDY BEING LOBBED DOWN THERE..HE HASN'T DONE ANYTHING WRONG...so I waited for Trevor to get back into bed and fall asleep before creeping out and rescuing poor Teddy..now we both having a cup of tea..thats Teddy and me!!

Hope to go back up for some sleep soon, but feel too wide awake now. Just felt I had to make a joke of it, sometimes thats the best way to cope with it.

Night night

Bronwen x

Onlyme

Apr 5, 2010
UK
Send a hug to teddy. Poor thing, what a night. (Teddy not Trev)

Night night Bronwen
Night night Teddy.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh Bronwen, I'm sorry you and Teddy have had such a traumatic night. I hope you got some sleep. xx

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Dear Bronwen,:eek: I do hope you managed to get some sleep last night. Poor you, and poor Teddy! I hope Trevor is OK today and you are all none the worse for last night's outburst. x

MissisT

Dec 1, 2010
Essex
Poor teddy, I wonder what he did wrong ;).
Seriously though, I hope you (and teddy) were able to get back to sleep.

Teresa x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Bronwen

It all sounds pretty scary. I hope Trevor calmed down and you and Teddy recovered. xx

Logan

Nov 1, 2010
My Teddy was purchased for me when I was in my teens - to sit on my bed. In recent years he has been packed away - he has white fur which had begun to "yellow". A short while ago I"rescued" him, gave him a nice hand wash (he is one of the first washable bears and has in the past had "spins" in the spin dryer!!! He enjoyed it so I did not feel cruel in doing that to him!!). When dry I brushed him with a firm hairbrush and he now sits on a shelf "watching over me" as I sleep. Teddy Bears are special individuals - each and every one different. I hope that yours is recovering and watching over you as you recover. Love and kindly thoughts. Lx

Christin

Jun 29, 2009
Somerset
Hello Bronwen, I have just noticed what time you posted! I really hope you have managed to get some sleep and that teddy is safe!

xx

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
Hope you managed some sleep and that you ted and trev are having a better day love larivy

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Oh Bronwen, these episodes are so frightening and exhausting. Hope you managed some sleep and that Trevor is calmer today.

Poor Teddy. Hope a warm cuddle from you helped him, and you!

Love
Loo xx

chucky

Feb 17, 2011
UK
poor teddy

hi, sorry to see you having such a hard time but its also great that you can still have a sense of humour at this time of the morning. My dad was a great one for strops as i call it, the toys were always being chucked out the pram, and one night when he was in full swing i joined in and started heaving things down the stairs with him. I think it shocked him a bit because he stopped right away and never did it again. I was amazed because he had been doing it for months. Its a bit like if the dog bites you, bite him back.He then went from that to wanting the house spotless and it had to be gleaming so id encourage him and i bought him a little feather duster,and a mini shovel and brush and he loved it.Every time i see him going into a strop i would distract him and say lets get this housework done and he would happily get on with it.Dont get me wrong, it didnt always work but its worth a try. Funnily enough though he had a little lion cuddly toy on his bed, and it never once got tossed down the stairs! Hope you and teddy get a better sleep tonight.

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
I think you and Ted were magnificent not throwing the big bully down stairs too!! Guess who else is on the side of the Teds!! I am sorry because you once again have had to suffer distress and disruption in your life, and you are not able to stop it happening.Love from Paddy, Lofty, Webster, Dunstable, Pearl, Clive and many more Bears.:)

milly123

Mar 15, 2009
England
hi bronwen first let me say i love you sence of humour but i do symphathise with you. having been through the same my husband used to empty the drawers and the wardrobe and dump it all on the bed i looked like i was lied in the middle of a jumble sale other times he would throw them down stairs there where other times when we didnt get to bed at all these times are some of the worst times of this terrible illness hope some better night are heading your way milly

Bastan

Feb 10, 2011
Manchester
Bronwen you are so brave, how absolutely fabulous that you can find your sense of humour in the midst of such horror.

I thought I'd been through everything with my hubby but luckily this escaped us.

I left you a message on my post wondering how things were going, now I know. Hope you and ted have a better if not good sleep tonight.

Hugs from Bastan xxx

Bronwen

Jan 8, 2010
Bristol
thank you everyone for your support and teddy wants to say thank you too.

We both none the worse for wear(thats teddy and me) and last night we all had a good night' sleep!! I did put a sticking plaster on teddy's head but it meant nothing to Trevor!

I quite like the idea of joining in with Trev when he gets like this again, as I can quite see it could stop him in his tracks if he sees me throwing things down the stairs as well...anything worth a try!

love
Bronwen x

Onlyme

Apr 5, 2010
UK
Anything is worth a try. My son tried out a temper tantrum on the floor once. I lay down beside him and had on too. He was so shocked he laughed at me. I told him I thought it did look very silly and he agreed. He was 2 at the time and never had another. :D

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
That's like the ad on tele where the mum has a tantrum on the floor of the supermarket and the wee boy just gets up and they walk off together. Sounds like a good plan to me!!

Onlyme

Apr 5, 2010
UK
He is a teenager now. Perhap I had better play Harry Enfield to him and see if that cures him.:D