Technology and Dementia

Tayside

Dec 12, 2010
Perth and Kinross
Hello, my user name is Tayside although I used to be Baldrick.

I would like to see a specific section of the forum devoted to Technology, in particular to assistive technology.

Hope this is acceptable.

Sandy

Mar 23, 2005
Hi Tayside,

First of all, I hope you don't mind, but I've moved your thread to the 'Computer tips and how to use the discussion board' sub-forum as it seems a better place for a question about how to update/organise TP.

I have to say that the topic of adding an additional sub-forum to TP to accommodate a specific topic does come up from time to time.

Sometimes the need for such an area, where TP really offers nothing quite appropriate at the moment, is adopted. That's how the 'After dementia - dealing with loss' section came into being.

However, there is a great deal of feedback (from new members especially) that TP can be very difficult to navigate and people can often lose their way moving between sub-forums.

At the moment, any questions/discussions on assistive technology (AT) are fine to be placed on the Support area of the forum - the place where most members are active. That way, members who don't know much about AT can learn a bit about it if they like.

I'm sure Katherine Watt, the TP Administrator employed by the Alzheimer's Society, will consider your suggestion and get back to you.

Take care,