Team Buddy's Memory Walk 2015

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
https://www.memorywalk.org.uk/find-a-walk/sussex/ Just to say that I am doing this walk on Saturday at Petworth Park in Sussex. If anyone is around and at a loose end that day, I'd love to have some company. I am taking my impeccably well-behaved Border Collie called Buddy with me and we are called Team Buddy in case you want to join our team. Buddy has had words with the Great Dog Above who assures that the weather will be sparkling. :)

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Good luck Buddy.
I hope your partner can keep up with you!!!
I'd love to come along and join you but it's just a teeny bit too far after a return from West Wales today. xxx

maryw

Nov 16, 2008
Surrey
Hi Buddy! We would have loved to have joined you but my teaching terms has just started up so Saturdays are filled with pupils and can't really cancel so soon into term.

Buddy, keep an eye on your Mum and make sure she doesn't wander off, get lost and you have to send out a search party for her!

Well done and enjoy - it looks a lovely place xx

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
I hope you do well Buddy and keep your mum under control.

Love Dougal and Jan x

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
Good luck Buddy , love Olive lab and Kerry my slave human :rolleyes::D

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Thanks everyone. :) We did it! 8K around an absolutely stunning park in brilliant sunshine with 500 other walkers all supporting AS. I am definitely going to do this walk again next year, so hopefully maybe I will be able to cajole a few people from TP into coming along, with proper notice.

One of the first things I noticed when I arrived was a trestletable with a pile of Talking Point flyers on it. :) Our esteemed Moderator Grannie G and her late husband Dhiren's faces were beaming out benignly from it. I felt very at home.:)

I'd like to say Buddy was extremely well-behaved all the way through, but to be honest I would be stretching the truth to say so. At the start of the walk the organisers had brought along a Zumba expert to get us all doing a bit of Zumba by way of warming up before we set off. It's a bit hard to do Zumba, I found, with an excitable collie beside you and we sort of stepped to the back and let others get on with it. People were jigging and sashaying around and waving their arms in time to the Zumba music and all of a sudden a lady next to me pulled a horrified expression and indicated in the direction of Buddy, whom she was trying to pull towards her.

The reason for this was that Buddy had mistaken the backleg of one of the Zumba-dancing participants for a tree trunk. ( Need I say more?) The original lady and I both dragged Buddy away and I noticed with some alarm that a photographer was swanning around taking candid snaps of people. I do hope she didn't catch Bud in the act.

I don't think the tree-trunk legged person was aware of the outrage that had possibly been committed because they were wearing quite thick shell suit bottoms. I'm hoping they were waterproof. I THINK we managed to yank Bud away just in the nick of time. He has never done this before. Honest!

Anyhoo, moving swiftly on, the rest of the day was completely fine. Just a gorgeous place to be with loads of like-minded people all. Probably the best bit for Buddy was the fact that the man who was running the burger stall took a shine to Bud and fed him left-over sausages at the end and gave us a box of sausages to take home. What more could a dog ask for?

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Sounds lovely Deborah, although I'm sorry about the possible contretemps. In my experience dogs are like children: often well behaved in private, sometimes massively embarrassing in public.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
The offence sounds quite mild for the wonderful Buddy.
I mean he must have taken a shine to the lady's leg so in a way it was a compliment!
That's my opinion anyway.
Though I know I'm biased as I think your Buddy is a charmer! :)

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Thank you Deborah so much for sharing that experience, oh how I laughed!

My first image of all these people doing Zumba, especially those with a dog in tow brought a wonderful image to mind, but then Buddy's faux pas, well... All I could think was he should have gone to Specsavers!

Hopefully, it all dried out and the lady was none the wiser! I only hope she isn't a poster on TP!!!

I'm glad the walk went well and Buddy was given some well deserved sausages.

Again, thank you for making me laugh and well done for completing the course. J x

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
The offence sounds quite mild for the wonderful Buddy.
I mean he must have taken a shine to the lady's leg so in a way it was a compliment!
That's my opinion anyway.
Though I know I'm biased as I think your Buddy is a charmer! :)

Thank you Saffie.:) There speaks a person who has never met the little furry scoundrel. :D The lady probably did wonder why all the other dogs on the walk took a big interest in her after Buddy got there first.:cool:

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Thank you Saffie.:) There speaks a person who has never met the little furry scoundrel. :D The lady probably did wonder why all the other dogs on the walk took a big interest in her after Buddy got there first.:cool:

Wish I could Deborah! I have even been in that lady's position once many years ago only I wasn't rescued as she was!
I was about 16 and we didn't have a car in those days so we took our large dog on a bus, well, 2 buses in fact, to a caravan by the sea.
When we discounted from the bus, he must have been so desperate that he saw the first thing that resembled a lamp-post and received himself! As I was wearing a skirt, you'll understand why I wasn't that impressed!
Everyone else thought it was hilarious of course!:mad:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa