Taste/smell.......lack of!

starrygsb

Jul 31, 2015
Guisborough,Cleveland
I was diagnosed a few years ago with this disease and it has already made its presence felt, in that I have completely lost my senses of taste and smell.
I do, still however, enjoy going out for meals with family and friends even though I cannot appraise the food!
What would be a good idea, is that anyone suffering the loss of these two senses should carry some kind of card entitling them to some kind of discount in the cost of their meal.

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
Though I have sympathy for you in your situation, I don't think that anyone should be compelled to give you a discount on your meal. They still have all the costs involved in providing you with it and at the end of the day, you are still eating it.

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
Welcome to Talking Point Starrygsb, I too have no sense of smell and very little sense of taste. No sense of smell does have its advantage but loss of sense of taste is sad, so much lovely food from all around the world available and we can't taste it.

I thought it would stop me eating chocolate, if you can't taste it then why eat it, but sadly it does not work like that and I still eat it:)