Tammatha

Tammatha

Sep 2, 2015
Hello everyone, my husband has dementia and it would be lovely to hear from other people in the same situation as me, to chat for advice and anything else x

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Hi Tammantha, welcome to the club
We're all in the same boat here, I have a wife with az and used to have a mother with az too, any questions just ask away we're all here to help.
K

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Tammatha

My husband had dementia too . So did both my parents.

I hope you get the help and support you need here on Talking Point. It has been a life line for most of us.

Tammatha

Sep 2, 2015
Hi Tammantha, welcome to the club
We're all in the same boat here, I have a wife with az and used to have a mother with az too, any questions just ask away we're all here to help.
K

Thank you so much for responding to my message, i have got tears in my eyes to think i can talk to someone who will understand. xx

Tammatha

Sep 2, 2015
My husband had dementia too . So did both my parents.

I hope you get the help and support you need here on Talking Point. It has been a life line for most of us.

Hi Grannie G, thank you so much for responding to my note. I feel humble to think what you have gone through, and i have tears in my eyes that someone has answered my e.mail xx

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Hello Tammatha and welcome to Talking Point, it is a very friendly place there is always someone here to help and listen to you,

My husband is 68 and was diagnosed with dementia over 5 years ago even though he had it a long time before that, I don't know what I would do without TP,

Best Wishes, Jeany xx

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Hiya Tammatha. You will always find good, supportive people here. Some with a lot of knowledge. They are all invaluable to those of us who are a bit too scared to turn over a rock, if ya get me!

Really sorry to know you need this kind of support, but be assured, you will get it every time you pop in to chat with whoever's about at the time.

chris53

Nov 9, 2009
London
Hello Tammatha, a warm welcome to Talking Point, please don't feel so alone now, much support,understanding and so much experience from us as carers and people who care, no subject is taboo, think everything under the sun:rolleyes:has been discussed here in this safe place, there are smiles if you need them in our tea room and always someone to give a hug when needed, my mum and mum in law have different forms of dementia and I am learning all the time;) so hope to see you around again, take care and best wishes.
Chris

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Welcome Tammatha. You will find a lot ofcomfort here and advice if you need it. We are all going along the same road at different stages so usually someone can help from time to time. Best wishes.

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
Hi Tammatha

Welcome to the forum. You'll get lots of support here.

My husband has dementia, he was diagnosed at 58, three years ago. I have found this forum a fantastic source of understanding and knowledge as the disease has progressed x

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello Tammantha welcome to TP this is a life line for all of us, there is always someone here to help you, keep on posting. ☺

Beannie

Aug 17, 2015
East Midlands
Hi from me as well

Hello everyone, my husband has dementia and it would be lovely to hear from other people in the same situation as me, to chat for advice and anything else x

Hi Tammatha,

Welcome to talking point I am sure like of all of us on here you will find this a lifeline. My husband, who is 62, has both Alzheimers Dementia and Parkinsons, diagnosed 5 years ago. Whenever I ask questions someone always responds which makes TP a very special place. Keep posting and if you need more advice just let us know.

Trisha4

Jan 16, 2014
Yorkshire
Hi Tammatha. I'm in the same boat as many of the others who have responded. Husband in his 60s with Alzheimer's and I find help, support and understanding on TP. I hope you do too

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

gerrytt

Jul 9, 2015
Hi Tammatha!
Welcome!
You should know by now that a lot of people are willing to help you! Everyone on this site is in a similar boat!
Please remember there are no meaningless questions, no situations that we all haven't experienced at least once, no issues on that we are all willing to offer suggestions!
My wife, Carol, was evaluated with AZ some 5 years ago. As her main caregiver, my knowledge has increased exponentially through sites such as this.
Don't ever be embarrassed to ask a question or ask for help!
You'll discover very quickly, everyone here will step up and offer help.
Feel free to chat at any time. We'd all love to hear from you as you progress through this terrible illness.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Hello Tammatha and welcome from me too. I'm sorry about your husband's diagnosis but I'm glad you found TP.

My husband was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in 2001 and my mum had Vascular Dementia. I have found the forum helpful on so many occasions and I'm sure you will too. I look forward to seeing you around.

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
And a warm welcome from me too. :) You'll get loads of support, advice, friendship and massive cyber hug on here. ;) xxx

Optomistic

Jul 24, 2014
Manchester
Hi Tammatha,

Welcome to Talking Point i find it very helpful on here usually look in everyday.

My husband has Alzheimers he was diagnosed last July and it was quite a shock. I find this site the best one for answering all your worries.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aliso