Talking to herself

mcflod

Oct 17, 2012
Hi my mum has been diagnosed now over 3 years but has deteriorated alot this last 3 months, more than iactaully realised Mum is talking to herself constantly now, shes looking at items say a chair and speaking to it like its my dog, she was looking at books on my table and started talking to them too and having a conversation with them.

Has anyone else experienced this? im starting to gt used to it but my hubby etc are always commenting on it but im getting immune to it. Does this last for long? Does anyone who has experienced it know roughly what stage this happens at?

Sorry for all the questions but as a person i like to try and make sense of what is happening and im struggling with this horrid illness.

thank you

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
OH went to workshop to clean his pipe. This takes a......long........time because he can't remember exactly what to do! I went to rout him out and he told me he's had a lovely conversation with the gentleman. There's no one here, I said. I talked to the pipe cleaners, he said!
He's been doing this and similar things for a while, but nothing serious, so I've chosen not to take much notice. Pick your battles! As someone on here once said!

mcflod

Oct 17, 2012
OH went to workshop to clean his pipe. This takes a......long........time because he can't remember exactly what to do! I went to rout him out and he told me he's had a lovely conversation with the gentleman. There's no one here, I said. I talked to the pipe cleaners, he said!
He's been doing this and similar things for a while, but nothing serious, so I've chosen not to take much notice. Pick your battles! As someone on here once said!

yes i have mum down at mind today and shes currently folding my washing for me while i do otherstuff and the whole time shes talking away to herself. Shes quite happy really yet its quite distressing if your just sat listening or watching her hence why im going in and out the room

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
My husband talks to himself and everything and everyone or whistles and sings continuously whether there is anyone there or not, when he is quiet I know that he is asleep,

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Classy@1951