Talking Point - why the hell didn't I stumble across it before?

TheFootyPoet

Nov 10, 2015
South of England
I only registered tonight, after searching on Google regarding a question I had on COP1 forms. I am just so annoyed I didn't find it before, when mum was in the early stage of Alzheimer's.

No, it wouldn't have cured her, but it would have been a rich source of information about the experiences of others to take in, not to mention respite for me in the late evenings at weekends when I'm at mum's place caring for her.

I've been blown away by some of the posts, and replies... which are so supportive. I guess most in here are in the same boat; either caring for a loved one with Dementia, or close to a loved one with it.

My only issue is, how am I going to find time to trawl amongst the 1,000s of invaluable posts and responses. I guess I'm not, but I will read a fair few, probably post and contribute to a fair few too.

THANK YOU TALKING POINT AND ALL CONTRIBUTORS

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
Phil, a warm welcome to TP and better late than never, eh?

You're most welcome and thank you, for joining us. We all need all the help we can get here!

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
Welcome, it is a great site. You can search for what you need or you can just start a new post, one of us will jump in and help xxxx

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
Welcome Phil! Ask away, no such thing as a silly question here, there's a vast amount of help, information and fantastic support if you just need some sympathy, or even a laugh in the Tea Room. It's a lifeline for many of us xxx

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
WELCOME! Lots of friends here, willing and ready to listen and offer support or just sympathy.

Its good to know someone else really understand. Other people might have sympathy with our situation but they really dont understand. You have to live this to know.

Love
Quilty