Talking point app

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Is there an issue with this at present? I clicked on the icon on my home screen and it came up with my username but the password part blank and said you are not allowed to log in via Taptalk. When I put in my password the same message came up.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy 3 tablet - just checked my phone (also Samsung Galaxy) and the same happens. :confused:

Thanks,

Celia

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Same happening on my phone.

I just ignore press cancel or something and I'm straight into the main page and it still works.

Very annoying though isn't it

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
I've just logged in to the app on my iphone with no problems :confused:.

I've raised this with admin who are looking in to it.

SerenaS

Staff Member
Apr 7, 2011
London
Hi everyone,

We're sorry to hear that some members are having difficulties when logging in to Talking Point via our app.

It looks like the issues aren't affecting everyone, so if you are affected it may be helpful to update or uninstall/reinstall the app.

If you have questions about this, please do contact us by emailing talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk

Thanks,

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
I reinstalled it and can't get back in at all now on my iphone ,
The same thing is coming up but won't cancel,

I wish I had just left it as it was,

I always keep signed in on my phone but of course with reinstalling it I will have to sign in again and it won't let me ,

Last edited:

2197alexandra

Oct 28, 2013
Sileby
Admin - Help please I can't log in

Can someone help please. I am trying to log into the app on my phone and normally it just logs me automatically in. But all day today its asking me to sign in and then I get this message.

An error has occured
You are not allowed to log in via Tapatalk, please contact your forum administrator.

I'm lost without being able to log in on my phone. I'm hardly ever at the laptop and the tablet is too big to carry around.:(

I havent a clue what Tapatalk is. I haven't done anything different with my phone. And I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

SerenaS

Staff Member
Apr 7, 2011
London
Hi everyone,

We are continuing to look into this issue, which is affecting some members.

In the mean time if you are affected could you let us know by replying below which operating system you are using (in your device settings/about device) and which version of the app (if you know) as this is the information that we'll need to explore any issues/bugs.

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Apple iphone 5
I think I am using the latest app since I just installed it,

Worked fine when I cancelled the won't let me sign in via tapatalk as I was always signed in to app but now I have reinstalled it , it won't let me sign back in,

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I'm receiving this TapTalk warning that I can't sign on via it but I just ignore it and get straight through.

Sent from my iPod touch using Talking Point mobile app

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
iPhone 5S
I haven't reinstalled ap as concerned I won't be able to access through the ap again.

I just press ok then cancel and - so far - I am able to use TP on my phone

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
iPhone 5S
I haven't reinstalled ap as concerned I won't be able to access through the ap again.

I just press ok then cancel and - so far - I am able to use TP on my phone

Yes I was doing that until they told us to reinstall it I should have just left it,

I think Talking Point have to activate Taptalk on their website,
I haven't heard of it before it must be from their end not ours,

NOBODY reinstall it yet until they get it sorted if you are already signed in you are ok,

Last edited:

KatherineW

Oct 2, 2007
London
Hi everyone,

I'm sorry that some of you are continuing to have problems with the app.

Our technical guy is looking into what may be causing these issues, and we'll let you know as soon as we've heard more from him.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tarydew