Talking about Walking

serena

Jul 17, 2010
Hampshire
Hi All

A very Happy Christmas and New Year to all on TP,and their families.

I wanted to give a quick update on my attempts to get help for my Mum to go for regular accompanied walks from her care home, to allow fresh air and exercise, stimulation and improve her well being ref her AD (year 11).

I can confirm that her home, (name of Home deleted by Moderator) has formed a walking group and small groups or residents are now being accompanied for walks around the local area, including Southampton Common which is directly opposite the Home. I am very impressed with Sunrise's enlightened views and the trouble they have taken, so can only commend their efforts on their residents behalf.

I hope this will be a useful precedent and I will be updating Dr David Lowery of London University ref his Dementia and exercise research which featured here on TP earlier in the year.

Many thanks for listening.:)

All best, Love and Light, Serenaxxx

Last edited by a moderator:

Jancis

Jun 30, 2010
Hampshire
Hi Serena,
How lovely to hear from you again. So glad that you have positive news to report.
Best wishes and a happy xmas to you xx

serena

Jul 17, 2010
Hampshire
Hi Serena,
How lovely to hear from you again. So glad that you have positive news to report.
Best wishes and a happy xmas to you xx

Hi Jancis
Lovely to hear from you too, humble apologies for being out of touch for a while. General exhaustion had set in at this end I am afraid, but now feeling loads better and the walking development was a bit of good news to share before Xmas. Hope you have a happy xmas and new year.
Love and Light, Serenaxx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Its good to hear from you Serena. I needed to remove the name of the Care Home as this is not allowed under the Terms and Conditions.

Its lovely to hear about the Walking Group and its a wonderful example to other Care Homes and carers.

Best wishes

Christin

Jun 29, 2009
Somerset
Hello, great news :D As someone who loves to walk and ramble around its great that the home have taken your idea on board and made these arrangements! I would think it gives them great exercise and helps some to keep active and sleep. Well done!

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Hi serena, I recall your last updates & I'm delighted you have got so far! Fantastic news for all those who can join in. Well done you.
Happy Christmas! X

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah R