Taking the next "care step" doesn't feel any easier.

Muttimuggle

Dec 28, 2021
Oh yes, I agree about the mind/body connection. Lately, I've been experiencing severe muscle spasms all over due to stress -- they began a year ago when Dad fell ill and rapidly worsened when I became full time caregiver to Mum in Jan 2022

Sadly, I am sort of isolated in the US where, outside of the big metro areas, there is not much for support of any kind for caregivers.
I wonder if you would be able to access the best book I have found on pain management? It is published over here but maybe..... It is called Chronic Pain the Drug Free Way by Phil Sizer. Of course, it is not a cure but it will certainly validate your experience of pain amongst the knot of other life difficulties which are going on for you. It is full of practical advice and stuff which makes you think and enables you to let yourself off the hook, to compassionately accept....and in doing so help your experience of pain or even change it.

KatyKat

May 8, 2022
I wonder if you would be able to access the best book I have found on pain management? It is published over here but maybe..... It is called Chronic Pain the Drug Free Way by Phil Sizer. Of course, it is not a cure but it will certainly validate your experience of pain amongst the knot of other life difficulties which are going on for you. It is full of practical advice and stuff which makes you think and enables you to let yourself off the hook, to compassionately accept....and in doing so help your experience of pain or even change it.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll add it to my Kindle reading list!