Tags

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I have only just realized the significance of Tags and am posting so others like me, who have little appreciation of Tags, will see what it`s all about.

By the Thread titles is what looks like a label. If you hover your mouse over the `label`/`tag`, all relevant points relating to that Thread are shown. It has just made it `real` for me .:eek:

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
Sylvia, is this when you are looking at the list of 'New Posts' ? or when you are actually looking at a particular thread?

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
`New Posts` Sue. There is a Tag against the Thread `Confused` and one against `Last Stages` . It`s not easily visible but is to the far right of the Title slot, where you see attachment paper clips and Stars.
There are not many because I don`t thing many people insert Tag words after a post .

ella24

Nov 9, 2008
South Coast UK
Hiya

I think you can add the Tags at any time when you post - not just when the thread starts - your 'Life in a Day' thread has quite a few tags now Sylvia!

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
tags.jpg

Tags can be really useful as a search mechanism - as long as people have assigned them.

Tags also enable members to see the 'hot' topics at a current time using the tag cloud

tag cloud.jpg

The cloud is produced automatically from tags that have been set. At present they are little used so the cloud is a bit lacking in depth.

If one clicks on a topic from a tag cloud then all threads/posts relating to that topic are shown in a list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanetR