Tablets for overactive bladder


Registered User
Jan 15, 2008
Hi all

Has anyone had any experience of antispasmodic tablets for an overactive bladder, they are called Urispas (flavoxate hydrochloride). My MIL has been complaining of needing to go to the toilet all the time. I've taken urine samples to be tested and they all came back negative so the GP prescribed these tablets.

The worry is that on getting the tablets it says on the box that they may cause drowsiness and as MIL is 89 and unsteady on her feet anyway I'm just concerned that she may have another fall - she had one in February and broke her hip.

Many thanks

Roma x