Tablet for contact

Traci

Mar 28, 2020
Does anyone know of any tablets for keeping contact with elderly which can be controlled remotely for so.eone who wouldn't understand how to work it

Chaplin

May 24, 2015
Bristol
Hi, I’ve just set my 85 year old dad up with a tablet. I went for the simplest I could find for video calls. He had no prior experience and as well as writing down some basics for him, I have arranged that I call him and agree what time we will Skype so all he needs to do is accept the video call. It’s as remote as you will get I think. I did need to set him up with a WiFi box for £10 plus a month by month contract for £20. Not sure I can post any brand names so PM me if you want more details. Hope this helps,

Traci

Mar 28, 2020
Hi, I’ve just set my 85 year old dad up with a tablet. I went for the simplest I could find for video calls. He had no prior experience and as well as writing down some basics for him, I have arranged that I call him and agree what time we will Skype so all he needs to do is accept the video call. It’s as remote as you will get I think. I did need to set him up with a WiFi box for £10 plus a month by month contract for £20. Not sure I can post any brand names so PM me if you want more details. Hope this helps,
Thank you

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hello @Traci
a warm welcome to DTP
I wonder whether what this member suggests may be helpful

Traci

Mar 28, 2020
@salsamonkey123 Can i ask does your mum have wifi for this and does she need to have any tech kniwledge to answer ? Looking for so.ething for my brother to keep in touch with mum but she struggles to use a phone or a tv remote. Do u need a separate alexa or does it work on its own?