Tabard

mrf94

Dec 17, 2014
huddersfield
I think one of the most usefull things i bought for my wife, (she has dementia) is her tabards, we went to town and let her pick her own colours and pretty flowers, this made them hers so she wears them with? pride i think, from my side her clothes stay cleaner longer and the tabards wash easy

Suzanna1969

Mar 28, 2015
Essex
That's a good idea, thank you! Mum spills loads of stuff down her jumpers (which she wears over her blouses even in the height of summer!) so tabards are a great idea IF I can persuade her to wear them - she usually wears pinnies which she made herself years ago which tie at the waist, not much use as her dinner is usually caught by her ample bosom!

I will certainly have a look at some tabards for her though!

Hibni

Sep 16, 2013
For a while my mother tied pinnies round her neck as a sort of bib and they did a great job. She's stopped doing that so the jumpers get in a bit of a mess. I'll look out for some tabards - thanks for the idea, mrf

Suzanna1969

Mar 28, 2015
Essex
Well I bought my Mum a tabard, she tried it on and loved it! :D

Then she took it off and said it was too nice to wear every day and so she'd keep it 'for best'. Her jumpers continue to bear the brunt at mealtimes...
bang-head-on-wall.gif

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Try getting a dowdy looking one, scruff it up a bit and present it as the everyday model leaving the other for best.

mancmum

Feb 6, 2012
Pinnies from the large swedish store are also good

All over with nice long ties which tie at the front so making them suitable for different sizes.

mrf94

Dec 17, 2014
huddersfield
I bought three tabards two pretty flowerd ones and a black one, she even has one on under her coat when we go down town twice a week to meet daughter,.