Sylvia in hospital

bigtom

Sep 19, 2009
bolton lancs
Had a very stressful day yesterday syl is in respite and the home rang me at 10am and said they had rang the gp to come and see syl has she was haveing trouble breathing,when he came he rang 999 and had syl admitted to hospital i when to the hospital to meet the ambulance,when it arrived syl looked so poorly and she was taken to a ward straight away her chest was gargleing but she could not cough anything up all i could do was hold her hand and tell her she would be ok, and syl kept whispering that she was sorry.:eek:after an hour a doctor came to examine her and said he would get some xrays and blood test done an get a drip up to get fluids into syl and said he suspected pneumonia i rang this morning and was told syl had a good night and no distress so i hope she is better when we visit this afternoon.

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Tom, hi
I do hope that you have a good visit this afternoon and Sylvia is on the mend, thinking of you.
With kind regards from Jo

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Sending best wishes for this afternoon's visit. I hope Sylvia picks up very quickly. Kind regards Deborah

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Dear Tom
Im sorry to hear your Sylvia is ill
A very worrying time for you
I hope you find Sylvia at least a bit better this afternoon

When you can please ket us know how you both are

imac.girll1

Feb 20, 2009
Glasgow
I hope Sylvia is coming round to the fluids and whatever else they have decided to give her.

Love and hugs to you both.

xx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
It seems the hospital have reacted well to Sylvia's breathing problems.. I do hope things are better now. Take care of yourself during this worrying time.

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Dear Tom,
I was so sorry to hear that Sylvia had to be admitted to hospital partway through her respite.
How very worrying for you.
I do hope you found her better this afternoon when you visited.
Thinking of you both and sending love,
Nan XXX

bigtom

Sep 19, 2009
bolton lancs
Thank you for your kind replies and good wishs for sylvia. she was a lot better today, the meds seem to be kicking in she is clear in her breathing now, it is just her voice she sounds like Barry White:) Tonight she was moved to a new ward which is complex care ward with some of the staff trained in dementia care this has made me feel better that syl will get the care she needs.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Tom

Good news about Sylvia.
I hope she continues to improve and am so glad some of the nurses have dementia training. Just knowing that will help you feel better about leaving her.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suehart