Sweet moment amidst lockdown sadness

Lizbuff

Apr 9, 2019
I live with and care for my 78 year old mum , who was diagnosed with Alzheimer's nearly three years ago now.
I had thought her levels of empathy had all but gone, compounded by the fact that we watched Casualty together yesterday, me in absolute floods and her seemingly emotionally unresponsive to it.
However, I was watching Boris and, like many, felt so overwhelmed that I had a little cry. Astonishingly, mum wrapped her arms around me "I'll look after you" she said.
Made me smile through my tears, so thought I'd share.
Love and luck to all of you x

chippiebites

Jun 27, 2018
Hello @Lizbuff . Your post brought tears to my eyes too. How lovely though for you mum to say that. A moment for you to cherish, from your mum's heart to yours.
Best wishes

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
That is so lovely @Lizbuff.

I am the same age as your mum and know how my son would feel if I was in the same position.

I must say this weeks Casualty was excellent. It gave such a graphic picture to we laypeople how life might be in hospitals, in particular the exhaustion of the staff and their distress when one of their own became infected.

Lizbuff

Apr 9, 2019
That is so lovely @Lizbuff.

I am the same age as your mum and know how my son would feel if I was in the same position.

I must say this weeks Casualty was excellent. It gave such a graphic picture to we laypeople how life might be in hospitals, in particular the exhaustion of the staff and their distress when one of their own became infected.
Thanks, Granny G.
Wasn't it well done? A very tough watch, but worth it.
Best wishes to you