Suze

suze

Oct 12, 2006
Sussex
My husband, diagnosed 3 years ago with dementia and on donepizil has started saying 'he does not feel he belongs anywhere' and goes into very black moods. He is clearly depressed and I know this goes with the condition, but am reluctant to focus on his issue as recently he feels lightheaded whenever he stands up and is crushingly tired and the GP is concentrating on that.
Does anyone else's loved one talk about 'not belonging'?

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello suze

My husband didn`t talk about not belonging but he had very low self esteem because he couldn`t participate in group /family discussion or activities.

I remember going to our son and family for Christmas dinner and birthday teas. The minute he`d eaten we had to go home.

willoughby

Nov 18, 2015
South Northants
Hello Suze.

My wife who has vascular dementia also feels at times that she doe's not belong here, although we moved in 36 years ago and thinks she lives in another house further up town, she also gets fits of depression and has been prescribed a course of Citalopram, our doctor also thinks she may have Lewy Bodies as she sees her father and other people and forgets I'm her husband and the names of our three children. She also has had instances of light headedness when standing up, her doctor said her blood pressure dropped if she rose quickly.

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside
My wife who has vascular dementia also feels at times that she doe's not belong here, although we moved in 36 years ago and thinks she lives in another house further up town, she also gets fits of depression and has been prescribed a course of Citalopram, our doctor also thinks she may have Lewy Bodies as she sees her father and other people and forgets I'm her husband and the names of our three children. She also has had instances of light headedness when standing up, her doctor said her blood pressure dropped if she rose quickly.

Welcome to TP :)

suze

Oct 12, 2006
Sussex
depression

thanks - Willoughby your wife does sound as if she has Lewy Bodies - my Mum did. I don't think my husband has though he does see strange shapes in everyday objects. I think he is depressed and that comes with the condition. When we have sorted what is making him dizzy and exhausted, may try and tackle that....thank you