Suspected FTD

Sergen

Feb 28, 2021
HI. I am being investigated for FTD. I am awaiting a SPECT scan and a neurolopsychologist assessment. I have seen a memory clinic nurse and had MRI/ CT scan which show cerebral atrophy.
I’m depressed and anxious . I feel I am aware of every symptom and stage. I am unable to deal with stress such as dealing with money , looking for insurance on the internet. I started shouting on the phone at an accountant. The red mist just descended. Most of the day I am singing about the house. But inside I am tormented.
The future is so bleak. I‘ve only just got married and am only 59 yrs old. I’m not able to work and have sold my car. I sit around all day just happy at home. I’m forcing myself to go out with my husband for walks.
Any ideas to help me cope. I just feel that I am drifting into another world with no way back.

Serge

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Hi @Sergen , welcome to Tp, I’m sorry to hear about your scan results . I’m sure you will get some good advice from the great members on here . I personally would say I would try not to worry too much , easier said than done I appreciate but every person has a different experience, I would get important things done like Lpa ‘s Wills etc sorted out and any benefits you may be entitled to and once covid allows go out and have fun , make memories and enjoy life , make hay while the sun shines , no one knows what’s around the corner for any of us . We can spend our life worrying about something that may never happen and miss out on the important things like laughter love and joy . Do you have good support ? Family /good friends that you can talk to ?

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
Hi @Sergen and welcome to Dementia Talking Point. You'll get lots of support and advice here, it's a very friendly place. It might be a good idea to contact the Dementia Support Line tomorrow 0333 150 3456 and dementia.connect@alzheimers.org.uk to talk to them about how you are feeling and see what help is available.
In the meantime maybe talk through with your husband how you are feeling, as when you look at problems together things can start to feel a little easier.

Sergen

Feb 28, 2021
Hi @Sergen , welcome to Tp, I’m sorry to hear about your scan results . I’m sure you will get some good advice from the great members on here . I personally would say I would try not to worry too much , easier said than done I appreciate but every person has a different experience, I would get important things done like Lpa ‘s Wills etc sorted out and any benefits you may be entitled to and once covid allows go out and have fun , make memories and enjoy life , make hay while the sun shines , no one knows what’s around the corner for any of us . We can spend our life worrying about something that may never happen and miss out on the important things like laughter love and joy . Do you have good support ? Family /good friends that you can talk to ?
Thank you for such kind words. I feel better today. I think each day is different. X

Countryboy

Mar 17, 2005
South West
HI. I am being investigated for FTD. I am awaiting a SPECT scan and a neurolopsychologist assessment. I have seen a memory clinic nurse and had MRI/ CT scan which show cerebral atrophy.
I’m depressed and anxious . I feel I am aware of every symptom and stage. I am unable to deal with stress such as dealing with money , looking for insurance on the internet. I started shouting on the phone at an accountant. The red mist just descended. Most of the day I am singing about the house. But inside I am tormented.
The future is so bleak. I‘ve only just got married and am only 59 yrs old. I’m not able to work and have sold my car. I sit around all day just happy at home. I’m forcing myself to go out with my husband for walks.
Any ideas to help me cope. I just feel that I am drifting into another world with no way back.

Serge
Hi Sergen just reading that your aged 59 and waiting for a FTD SPECT Scan having gone through this almost 22 years ago at age of 56 first diagnosed with Alzheimer’s in July 1999 and FTD after a PET scan in March 2003 and a SPECT scan in April 2004 I thought I need think Positively I never got anxious or worried about the illness just looked at how I intended to deal with this FTD in order to (a) carrying on working until my retirement age 65 and to also retain my right to continue to Drive my Vehicles and still Drive today 22 years later,

unfortunately Sergen personally I'm afraid you have appeared to be taking this very negatively you say your
depressed and anxious inside I am tormented. The future is so bleak I’m not able to work and have sold my car. I sit around all day just happy at home

Ok I realize were all individual’s with a different approach to life and how we control our emotions and this is my own personal view but I have lived with all the challenges of having FTD for 22 years so I do actually wear the “T” shirt hopefully you will learn to accept this quickly and start to think more positively.

Attached a PET /SPECT scanner

Attachments

• PET & SPECT Scanner .pdf
    84.9 KB · Views: 425

Sergen

Feb 28, 2021
Hi Sergen just reading that your aged 59 and waiting for a FTD SPECT Scan having gone through this almost 22 years ago at age of 56 first diagnosed with Alzheimer’s in July 1999 and FTD after a PET scan in March 2003 and a SPECT scan in April 2004 I thought I need think Positively I never got anxious or worried about the illness just looked at how I intended to deal with this FTD in order to (a) carrying on working until my retirement age 65 and to also retain my right to continue to Drive my Vehicles and still Drive today 22 years later,

unfortunately Sergen personally I'm afraid you have appeared to be taking this very negatively you say your
depressed and anxious inside I am tormented. The future is so bleak I’m not able to work and have sold my car. I sit around all day just happy at home

Ok I realize were all individual’s with a different approach to life and how we control our emotions and this is my own personal view but I have lived with all the challenges of having FTD for 22 years so I do actually wear the “T” shirt hopefully you will learn to accept this quickly and start to think more positively.

Thank you very much. Your reply has given me hope !! Serge

Countryboy

Mar 17, 2005
South West
Thank you very much. Your reply has given me hope !! Serge
Hi Serge I’m delighted you feel it’s given you hope and would be willing to pass on any information that will help you through this FTD diagnoses as I said previously I been living with for 22 year next July and believe me my life
hasn’t changed much obviously I’m 22 years older and that in itself causes changes. I have been a active member here on Talking point since March 2005 here for 16 years if you look at my past threads / replies I have always held a Positive outlook and views.

Serge at 59 years of age you have many years ahead of you so please think positively it’s ok listen to advise from others but be sure to make your own decisions and remember don’t make a decision in haste that you’ll regret later.

Cheers Countryboy If I can help with you with anything just ask

Tomtit

Sep 1, 2021

Hello can I ask you a question in hindsight and all the personal experience and information you gathered over several years my question would you have a diagnose
Thomas

Last edited: