1. Lladro

Lladro Registered User

May 1, 2019
    Just reading this book: Surviving Alzheimers by Paula Spencer Scott (USA). I picked up a used copy from eBay , which arrived yesterday.
    I've read quite a few since my entry into "Alzheimers World" as what is commonly called a Carer, two and a half years ago now (where the hell did that time go?).
    - Nothing I have read has had such an impact on me and resonated quite so much. It is a terrific book - straight to the point and I am finding it very useful.
    Just wanted to share it in the hope that it may help someone else too...
    Keep on surviving !

2. Olliebeak

Olliebeak Registered User

Sep 13, 2014
    Buckinghamshire
    I will look out for that. My go to book is The Selfish Pig’s Guide to Caring by Hugh Marriott. Practical and down to earth with irreverent humour. His wife does not have dementia but the principles are the same. Within the first chapter I thought - this guy is really on my wave length. He gives you permission to feel the way we often do!