support

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
just a quick one in case i get cut off
support package is going to be put in place for me soon consultant wants bob to go on ---maybe aracept
love belx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Dear Bel: So pleased you are getting support. And for you to be getting a 'package' that is really good news.

I do so hope that soon you wll be getting all the help and relief you need.

Take all you can get. Love Jan

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Bel, that's really good news. A support package will make such a difference.

Make sure you get some time for yourself, not just to work in the shop -- although I know that's your pride and joy.:)

I hope the medication helps Bob.

Love,

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
Well I Am A Lot Better Now Help Is There For Us I Dont Think So

sorry for sounding off
but i feel very cross and frustrated
also very tired of chasing eveything and feel like i am getting no where
2-3 weeks ago i was promised help -----medication care package etc nothing
to be honest our social worker has always been SLOW
love bel x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Well that`s not good enough bel.

From what I`ve read from other people`s posts, you need to be a bit pushy. I`m not sure how pushy you`re meant to be, but perhaps a phone call every day until you get some attention might work. :rolleyes:

Love xx

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Bel, maybe you have been patient long enough and it's time to pester them until you get your package in place. I know it is very hard on you finding the time with running the shop and caring for Bob but sometimes unless you jump up and down they'll just let you struggle on. Maybe Bel, one of your kids could also ring the SW expressing their concerns about your needs. Good Luck. Taffy.

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
not pushy enough

dear sylvi and taffy
i am not pushy enough
you would think a women running a shop maybe could make more of a stand
but no i am so tired -i dont mean to go on -its just how desperate i feel --15 years of he-- has wore me down
my children cant deal with situation -so although they are great cant help
love bel x

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Bel,

I hope for your sake that the SW soon puts a package in place for you and Bob. I can understand your worn out feeling. FINGERS CROSSED you wont have to wait much longer.

****HUGS**** Love Taffy.

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
thanks all

i have sat on the fence for about 3 weeks
cos i am tired --no excuse i have made up my mind
we see bobs consultant next week
at the end of the day i know our social worker is ---
i cant get too forceful thats not me but i am being too soft and bob is suffering
so if there are any strong heads floating around send them to me cos to see me get cross i cant imagen but i have got to do it
love bel x

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear bel

You're quite right, you've been patient long enough. Put you strong head on, you can do it!

Let us know the time of your meeting and we'll all send you strong vibes. You're bound to feel them.

Love,

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Bel.
You don`t need to get cross if it`s against your nature.

When you see the consultant tell him you are being overlooked because you are not being assertive enough, you don`t want to get angry but your husband is suffering, you are suffering and he needs help.

Ask the consultant what you need to do to be listened to, and how many more months should you be expected to wait.

And write down what you want to say, so you don`t forget any of it.

I`m sorry for coming on so strongly but you and Bob are being neglected.

Love xx

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
write down what i want to say

so simple why did i not think of that sylvia
thats exactly what i will do
as always your a tresure
i have not been well these last 2 weeks throat and chest infection
and now i am starting to feel a bit better i can see sence
i just got so tired but next week my strong head is comming back on thanks all
love bel x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Bel.

I`m sorry you`ve not been well, but not a bit surprised, because when you are under stress you have little resistance to infection.
That`s another thing to write down for the consultant. What will happen to Bob if you get too ill to look after him, because you haven`t been getting enough support.

Glad you`re feeling a bit better.

love xx

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
thanks sylvi

as you say it was obvious i would get un well re stress and no support
but hopefully next week things will start moving
thanks also skye for your words of comfort wednesday is the meeting with consultant at 11-30
love bel xxxx

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
Hi Bel

Do you have an assigned CPN.

He/She should be able to support you in getting the help you need.

I found with my parent's that the CPN was my lifeline and where I got the most support.

Best wishes for the consultation. Tell it like it is and insist on the help you need.

Love
Alfjess

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Dear Bel,
I wish you all the best for Wednesday. I use to write things down for the Consultant and it was a great help for him.
Do hope that this matter is resolved for you.
Take care of yourself. Very best wishes. Christine

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
my computor had a virus only just got sorted

spoke to visiting psycologist last tuesday she said she would have a word with consultant for me
but when we went to see him next day i was feeling a bit stronger so i told him myself he made a note and said he would write to social worker saying i had made a complaint one week later not a word ---
visiting psycologist came to see me afterwards and i got really cross-for me-- she agreed we are not being treated fairly we are being neglected it seems the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing seems coventry is over loaded with dementia cases i appreciate this but as i said i was desperate the other week and if nothing is done i will get desperare again
love bel x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Bel.
It`s good to hear you are feeling a bit stronger and standing up for your rights. But it`s awful to hear the excuses. I think you are going to need to make a bit of a niusance of yourself. Perhaps a daily phone call just to remind them you`re still waiting.
Love xx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MonkeyFeet