• We're currently experiencing technical issues with our newsletter software, so our Dementia Talking Point monthly updates have been put on hold for now. We hope to restart the newsletter soon.

    Find out more >here<.

Support with Familial Alzheimer's disease


Registered User
Jan 31, 2012
It's done by means of a special blood test - you have to ask your GP to set the ball rolling for this to be done. Giving a blood sample can be done at your GP surgery but it has to be sent off to the one hospital in the UK that can do the actual test.