Support in Leicestershire

hinckley_carer

Feb 4, 2008
Hinckley, Leics
Hi.
My Mum lives in Hinckley in Leics., and was diagnosed last summer with Alzheimers. As I'm sure you're all familiar with, we are having difficulties trying to get her to go out to coffeemornings/lunch groups. Does anyone know of any in the area that would be welcoming and suitable for her?
Any other advice from people who are going through this would be much appreciated. Our circumstances are not helped by the fact that I am away with work all week, and whilst my wife is only half an hour away, she also has a small baby to cope with!
Thanks!

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
Difficulties

Hi.
My Mum lives in Hinckley in Leics., and was diagnosed last summer with Alzheimers. As I'm sure you're all familiar with, we are having difficulties trying to get her to go out to coffeemornings/lunch groups. Does anyone know of any in the area that would be welcoming and suitable for her?
Any other advice from people who are going through this would be much appreciated. Our circumstances are not helped by the fact that I am away with work all week, and whilst my wife is only half an hour away, she also has a small baby to cope with!
Thanks!

Hi
My hubbyhas been told there is a coffee morning held every Tuesday morning at our local church. First of all, do they know how early I would have to try to get him out of bed to go there. It is a 10am start, at this time I am still trying to get him in the shower, then dress him and give him brekfast. His social worker asked did I take him last week, the same social worker who did not turn up for his appointment with us, arranged two weeks previously, and then rang me on the day of the appointment half an hour after he should have been to see my hubby to say he could not come. That day I had got hubby up early, washed, shaved, dressed, and fed. By the way, I had had 3 hours sleep the night previously.
The point I am trying to make is, try the afternoon for these activities.
Sorry, angry again.
Less!! - Missrables
Barb

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Alzheimer's Society
Provides information and a newsletter to carers of people with dementia. Provides carers support groups throughout the City and County, social groups for younger people with dementia and a drop-in service for enquires.

The Lodge, 46 Humberstone Gate, Leicester, LE1 1JP
Telephone : 0116 251 0366
Email : dianesmith.alzheimers@virgin.net
Opening Hours : Mon-Fri: 9am-5pm

http://www.leicspt.nhs.uk/xform.asp...rmation/advocacy_services_and_support_groups/

Found this for you , welcome to TP . Hope its of some help hinckley_carer

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Hi Hickley,
Welcome to Talking Point. There are several members in Leicester and they will come on line at sometime. You will get good advice and lots of support.
Good luck
Christine

Jane1

Mar 3, 2007
Leicestershire
Hi, I'm from leicestershire but sorry i don't know of anything in hinckly itself. Just wanted to say it's well worth getting in touch with the local alzheimers branch as in post above. We received a home visit from a super lady who was packed with knowledge! May be worth asking at the local GP's / church or age concern branches. Best of luck