Support App for Dementia Carers, would this be of interest to anyone?

KerrynB23

Feb 25, 2021
Hi everyone,

I'm Kerryn, a 3rd year Digital Design student and I'm currently working on ideas for my honours project. I was wondering if an app that could provide support to carers would be of interest to anyone and if this was available would anyone be willing to use it?

I don't have a solid idea of what the app will consist of yet, but I was thinking about including chat rooms/groups to connect with other carers in your area, a way to keep you updated with any events or support meetings near by and possible activities to help improve your overall mental health. It would be greatly appreciated if anyone has any thoughts on this idea and/or features they would like to see included in this app.

This is not formal research and any replies won't be used in my report, I'm just using this to see if this idea is worth pursuing.

Thank you in advance!

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Hi Kerryn, I have used facebook carers networks and the carers support centre do use zoom calls since lockdown started. They are generally a poor or very poor substitute for meeting other carers face to face over a cup of coffee and a biscuit.

KerrynB23

Feb 25, 2021
Hi Kerryn, I have used facebook carers networks and the carers support centre do use zoom calls since lockdown started. They are generally a poor or very poor substitute for meeting other carers face to face over a cup of coffee and a biscuit.
Thank you for getting in touch, do you think an app to organise and notify you of these meetings would be better suited?

KerrynB23

Feb 25, 2021
No don't worry about it, it's great to get feedback like this and it really helps me.
Thank you again!