Super Gran

Loulee

Jan 9, 2007
Suffolk
I wondered if any of you knew anything about this or had a smiliar experience.

It would appear that since having her dementia my nan has developed super human strength.

She has wrenched nobs of the cooker in the night (Note I always turn off at mains for safety).

Mangled a key in the lock of the shed (told her not to fiddle to no avail) and today wrenched a nob off the radiator which I found her fiddling with and she was quickly taken out of harm's way.

Why is she so strong? I don't understand she was never like this before.:confused:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`ve no idea Loulee, but I`ve found the same with small chilren having temper tantrums. When under normal circumstances, you could pick them up with ease, once they resist, they are made of steel.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
I also wonder why as my mother like that a , she can grip my hand so hard or my arm so hard she can really hurt my arm .

its amazing the strength she has when she determine to do something .

Some days look so frail , while the next day pulling herself up those stirs in my house so fast while other day she find so hard .

fearful fiona

Apr 19, 2007
London
Yes, I too have experienced this with my mum. Particularly when she has a tantrum, she's great at throwing things too! Amazing because she's only 5'3".

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Just my theory

Its like those story you read in the papers , how when a parent see a child trap under a car , some how they find that inner strength to lift that car to save the child life , a thought is an energy so just thinking of that child in danger , that thought would give them the energy

we must all have that strength , but just don't tap into it . unless we see some one in danger . get angry punch someone fight with them . people with AZ may not be thinking about it when they do it , not putting to much thought into it or to much , then the chemical in the brain sending mix messages, because of the disease , out come that strength

Last edited: