'SUNDOWNING' Pah ... no

AbbyGee

Nov 26, 2018
Portsmouth, South Coast
Whoever thought up the term 'SUNDOWNING' needs a kick up the reality alley.
'Sundowning' sounds like a nice, gentle, rather genteel, pretty and easy to live with situation.
NOPE! Sundowning is the worst, worst, nastiest, tedious, trying and frustrating time of the day.
I can just about deal with morning. Afternoon is a trial, but the evening and 'sundowning'. No way. Not at all. If you ever see a report of a mad woman strangling her dearly beloved whilst being dragged away shouting "It was the sundowning wot made me do it, honest guv" then you'll know I've finally snapped.

Pusskins

Jun 6, 2020
New Zealand
Whoever thought up the term 'SUNDOWNING' needs a kick up the reality alley.
'Sundowning' sounds like a nice, gentle, rather genteel, pretty and easy to live with situation.
NOPE! Sundowning is the worst, worst, nastiest, tedious, trying and frustrating time of the day.
I can just about deal with morning. Afternoon is a trial, but the evening and 'sundowning'. No way. Not at all. If you ever see a report of a mad woman strangling her dearly beloved whilst being dragged away shouting "It was the sundowning wot made me do it, honest guv" then you'll know I've finally snapped.
@AbbyGee I don't know how you manage. Really feel for you and others in your situation. (((((((Hugs)))))))

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Yes, isn't it the worst.

I find it isn't helped by the fact that we carers are often knackered by the time it starts to 'kick off' so it's so difficult to remain patient and get some much needed rest for ourselves.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Added to the fact that it happens at a time when there is usually no-one else around to witness it (and the social worker doesnt work unsocial hours), so people dont quite believe what you tell them.......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jon56