Sundowning in the Morning?

Angtrog

Mar 25, 2020
Hi everyone I wonder if any you are experiencing this. My OH was up at 6.00 am this smorning too early for me so I made him a cup of coffee and went back to bed for an hour, when I got up it was still dark I already had the light on when OH got up.He then started to say he wanted to take me home wasnt too dark by then so at 9.00 am this smorning I bundled him into the car and took him for a ride aound the block before we went home. When we got back home he then said to me Where have you been? I havent seen you since last night. (He sometimes thinks there are 2 of me). Would you call this sundowning in the morning? I wonder if it is the effects of the clocks ready to move back !!. Has any one got any ideas?

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I think sundowning can take place at any time of the day and it certainly sounds like that’s what your OH is experiencing. I used to find that the clocks moving back did have a bad effect on my husband.

This link gives some suggestions re sundowning -

Angtrog

Mar 25, 2020
The doctor recommended a sad lamp a lamp that stimulates light. Has any one got one of these? and what are your comments about them please Thanks

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I had a lamp for my husband. He passed away 4 years ago so it’s difficult to cast my mind back to when we were using it. I found it hard to get him to sit still while using it. He also wanted to fiddle with it. I couldn’t honestly say if it helped or not.

Edit - I found a post I made about it in 2018 the post following mine also refers to lamps.

I also found this old thread. If you put “SAD lamps’ into the search bar at the top of the page you’ll find others.