• All threads and posts regarding Coronavirus COVID-19 can be found in our area specifically for Coronavirus COVID-19 discussion.

You can directly access this area >here<.

Sundowning from the heart

Bakerst

Mar 4, 2022
I don't know if it shows different symptoms in different people, but Hubby would start saying he was cold, felt ill and had pain all over, at the same time every evening. I had a feeling it was anxiety, maybe being frightened of not knowing or recognising anxiety. I got in touch with the dementia nurse and he arranged for anti anxiety medication for Hubby..GP didn't have a clue. The medication has really helped. Thank you Nurse 😊

Sue.s

Mar 14, 2022
I don't know if it shows different symptoms in different people, but Hubby would start saying he was cold, felt ill and had pain all over, at the same time every evening. I had a feeling it was anxiety, maybe being frightened of not knowing or recognising anxiety. I got in touch with the dementia nurse and he arranged for anti anxiety medication for Hubby..GP didn't have a clue. The medication has really helped. Thank you Nurse 😊
I hope you don’t mind me asking, but what medication did the GP recommend?

Bakerst

Mar 4, 2022
I hope you don’t mind me asking, but what medication did the GP recommend?
Sorry so late, GP sent sleeping tablets, but when I read the side effects I didn't give them to him, the alzheimer's nurse said I was right, they would make him more confused and unsteady..he had already fallen a couple of times at night. We started with 30mg Mirtazapine at bedtime, which helped a little with his sleep then was given 25mg of Trazodone to take at tea time, which helped him relax a bit more in the evening. We still have a few episodes, but only when he has stressed about something..visitors or having to go somewhere that's not in the norm. Hope it helps. My best wishes to you

Shedrech

Volunteer Moderator
Dec 15, 2012
Yorkshire
hello @Sue.s
just to offer a warm welcome to DTP
now you've joined us, do keep posting ... maybe start your own thread to write whatever is on your mind ... sharing experiences helps

blueorchid

Feb 18, 2016
Thank you for sharing this. It's so very useful and valuable to read. It's helped me enormously to understand what is happening with my Mum.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carol560