Sundowners ??? clarification

Discussion in 'ARCHIVE FORUM: Support discussions' started by glyn, Mar 11, 2009.

1. glyn

glyn Registered User

Nov 23, 2006
    This might sound silly to you all, but can you get Sundown Syndrome during the day?

Last year mum had the typical Sundown Syndrome with early evening agitation and confusion. Now, however, she is showing all the same signs but it is happening during the day, between lunch time and 6pm. She is very calm in the mornings and the evenings.
    Also, can S.S. re-occur?

Thanks
    glyn

2. Helen33

Helen33 Registered User

Jul 20, 2008
    Hello Glyn

My husband definitely does get these symptoms during the day and quite often.

Best wishes

3. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    My husband does too.
    It is a restlessness that can start as early as 12 midday.

4. gigi

gigi Registered User

Nov 16, 2007
    East Midlands
    Hello Glyn....

My husband too...

In fact mornings are often his worst time for restlessness and agitation..

Love gigi xx

5. Brucie

Brucie Registered User

Jan 31, 2004
    near London
    around 3pm was generally the time that Jan would begin sundowning, sometimes earlier.

6. foxhound

foxhound Registered User

Jun 26, 2008
    Experience here: sundowners have gone (I hope, ALL digits crossed, for good - please, please, please!!) but now late morning to 1400 or so tends to be a time for a sort of clamped down silent fury.

Hope this helps, good luck.

7. Prague09

Prague09 Registered User

Jul 22, 2008
    essex
    worse in the evening

Although confused most of the time, Dad is worse after about 3.30pm.

The mornings are not to good if he has had a dream as he cant tell the difference between a dream and reality, and thinks his dream was real, can take a couple of hours before he forgets about it.