Sundown ing

Mollygoose

Dec 19, 2014
Lincolnshire
Hi everyone ! My 90yr old mother rang last night about 9pm in a panic ! She had gone to bed and must have gone in a deep sleep and woke up ! She rang me in such a state cos she had got dressed , put her teeth in sat down and had put tele on and undid the curtains because she thought it was morning ! She was sobbing down the phone in hysterics help me I don't know what to do ! Help me I'm lost !!! So I had to rush off to calm her down ! Has anyone else had the same problems as me reguarding day and night

Emac

Mar 2, 2013
Day and Night

Hi everyone ! My 90yr old mother rang last night about 9pm in a panic ! She had gone to bed and must have gone in a deep sleep and woke up ! She rang me in such a state cos she had got dressed , put her teeth in sat down and had put tele on and undid the curtains because she thought it was morning ! She was sobbing down the phone in hysterics help me I don't know what to do ! Help me I'm lost !!! So I had to rush off to calm her down ! Has anyone else had the same problems as me reguarding day and night
Hi Molly. Really sorry,that must have been upsetting for both of you. I haven't had this experience with my Mum but it does seem to be quite common. my OH's grandmother had alzheimer's and he once spotted her standing at a bustop at 2a.m. when he was coming home from a disco (it was quite some time ago!) She claimed she was going to the shops. I hope some of the other forum members will have some suggestions to help you and your Mum xxx

paulineprice

Jun 23, 2015
My friend has this Sundown ing too
Sometimes I call her around 9.00pm and she will be very scared as she does not recognise where she lives, the furniture is not hers. I have to spend about 40 mins on phone describing her furniture to her until she realises some of it is hers. Then she will say that she will sleep in the chair with the lights on as the bedroom is not hers.
She lives in her own flat in an Independent living complex which is very secure.
Also I sometimes get during the money that she is in a prison, it is not her home. again I have to calm her. There is always something missing because someone has taken it.
I am with her two long days a week ,shopping, laundry etc. another person a day and various people visit here and there, people phone her every day, I call her four times a day when I am not visiting. She has neighbour to walk in and out of. plus two carers a day. Will not hear of a home.
I too get so tired and worried. Thinking that she may need the medication changed after two years after being diagnosed I asked GP to arrange visit from memory Clinic but she became a very good actress and just tried to pull the wool over the Nurse's eyes. Although she failed all of the simple tests the Nurse gave her. The Nurse was going to talk to the Doctor and get back to me, so far no reply.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suehart