Sunday buses

The Chewtor

Feb 6, 2016
Gillingham, Kent
hi peeps. I know that in the past, via the blog, i have made joking reference to Kent closing early in the evening, Sundays are very special. I also do really appreciate that I have, due to having dementia, a free bus pass which i use very very much, it is my lifeline to getting out and about. For so many reasons I am therefore glad to have the Arriva bus service in the area. Today undid so much great work.

This evening I was at a friends having been there much of the day working on 3 speeches that we are delivering between us this week about dementia awareness (this will soon become a rather sick note ha ha). Being a softie southerner I was unimpressed by the cold wind and rain today and was just leaving said friends house to brave the weather and cross to the bus stop on the other side of this 1 road. I had waited as long as I dare for the bus as did not want to be standing around outside too long so left when the bus was due in 4 minutes. With this being only about 7 minutes from the start of the drivers journey I was surprised then infuriated that it sailed by, at great speed, before i could cross the road. This would be a pain at most times but at 18.40 on a Sunday it is the last bus from here and I am now stranded over 3 hours walk from home. Expensive taxi needed and a lesson in dementia awareness for Arriva who are supposedly members of the local Dementia Action Alliance ha bloody ha!!!!

Cold and wet Wayne

john51

Apr 26, 2014
Dunstable, Bedfordshire
Sunday buses can really be a pain. Where we live in Bedfordshire we are served by Centrebus. A while ago my wife, son and myself went for a meal in Luton. So that the others could have a drink and not drive we went by bus. We left the restaurant in time to get the last (7pm) bus. There was nothing to say it had broken down.....after a long wait we had to find another way home.
I only recently found out buses stop at 8pm during the week. I know I have a free pass too but is this really a service?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Talking Point mobile app

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
I really appreciate my bus pass its one of the plusses of dementia!

I am considering getting an RHS pass for the year using my Tesco points so I can go by bus to see nice gardens.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Classy@1951