Sun Glasses

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Over the years we have lost goodness knows how many pairs of sun glasses.
Not so many since we have RADA key.
Here is Peg enjoying the sunshine complete with sunglasses.
Norman

Attachments

• lpeg garden 002.jpg
    lpeg garden 002.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 460

Kathleen

Mar 12, 2005
West Sussex
Lovely photo Norman, Peg looks fantastic so does the garden.

Obviously no hosepipe ban where you are, we have for the 2nd year in a row, now they are threatening a drought order!

Kathleen

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Hi Norman
great photo....Peg looks really smart.....despite my best efforts why does my mum always look like a bag lady?

dmc

Mar 13, 2006
hi norman

lovely photo of peg and the garden:) nice cuppa as well,!

Libby

May 20, 2006
North East
Hi Norman

She looks really contented.

Mel
despite my best efforts why does my mum always look like a bag lady?

Mel - Is your mum happy to have a bath and get her hair washed? Mum's hair is a disgrace - she won't have it done by the hairdresser who comes to the home, cos she stole the buttons off her good skirt:eek: I think she only has it washed about once a month.

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Hi Libby
I get mum to have a shower every day(which is a great improvement...she used to flatly refuse before) but she doesn't like water on her head so I manage to wash her hair about once a week and set it....trouble is it looks wild again the day after!....She refuses to go to a hairdresser and will only let me do it(she's frightened of "menfolk") seeing her with her hair wet or in curlers....even though all the stylists where I go are women!!! I have to just give it a trim when allowed and believe me,I ain't no hairdresser!!:eek:
Wendy

Libby

May 20, 2006
North East
mmm - I may have to brush up on hair cutting skills - I have practised on my hubby and only gave him a small bald patch - he's almost totally bald anyway so I don't know why he made a fuss!

rummy

Jul 15, 2005
Oklahoma,USA
Hi Libby,
I do my Mom's hair too. She doesn't wash it anymore so I tell her we are doing a conditioning or a color and all I do is wash and fix it. I cut it every so often for her too. Good rule of thumb.....good hair scissors, just pull hair between two fingers and cut the ends...use one cut to gauge the next and just make it the same length all over. I cut Mom's really short last time and it seems to be much easier for her to comb. It is a constant battle though and she too always looks like she just stuck her finger in a light socket!!:eek:
Debbie

ps...does anyone have any luck with the dry shampoo that you just comb through??

mandyp

Oct 20, 2004
Glasgow
Lovely photo Norman, so thought I'd post one of my Mum too (hope I've done it right!)

I even got her into the paddling pool with my daughter!!

Such beautiful weather this weekend and we don't get enough of it here in Scotland!!

Mandy

Attachments

• Mum.jpg
    Mum.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 372

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Debbie...thanks for the tip on hair cutting....i manage to cut my spaniel's ears fairly evenly and she does wriggle...

Mandy...that really is a lovely photo...your mum looks really happy
Wendy

Áine

Feb 22, 2006
sort of north east ish
......... or you could borrow my clippers Mel.

Dad seems to get quite a decent haircut at the nh. What I don't understand though is that his eyebrows always look like they've been savaged by a frantic hamster. :(

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
" What I don't understand though is that his eyebrows always look like they've been savaged by a frantic hamster. "

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) lol!!!

zan

Jan 4, 2006
staffordshire
These are two lovely photos, Norman and Mandy. Thanks for sharing them with us.

I had problems with sunglasses while on holiday recently. My husband couldn't find his and we searched everywhere. Suddenly my daughter spotted them. They were perched on top of my head, together with my own pair. Do you think I should be worrying?

Nutty Nan

Nov 2, 2003
Buckinghamshire
Lovely Thread!

How nice to find such a happy thread with lovely pictures.

Re. hairwashing: I have found a 'no-water/no-rinse' shampoo which works really well (can't get hubby into the bath/shower any longer ....). It comes highly recommended, as it is, apparently, used by NASA.
I ordered it from www.winhealth.co.uk