Summer solstice = sundowners follows

Sherma77

Jul 20, 2021
Ohio
I forget, every year that about 3 weeks after the summer solstice sundowners will rear its ugly head. Last evening I identified it, for 2022. I knew I was getting a little "off" last week but IT hit me for real and has still been with me today and it is now noon!
Someone should warn those who care for "us" to put it down on next years calendar to prepare for the change that comes over us. Plus dark of the moon affects me instead of the full moon.
I have Parkinson's Disease dementia, and it is far worse than the PD. And sundowners is the of worst part it and every med that I have taken has worsen it - not helped. Sorry I just had to rant today.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hi @Sherma77
Rant away, you need to be able to tell it like it is, and you can do that here

Your insight is fascinating ... though I'm sorry you've not found any meds to help

Sherma77

Jul 20, 2021
Ohio
Thank you, Shedrech. Dementia is far better to converse about with anyone than 'sundowners'. If you think dementia is hell (and it is!) = sundowners, at its worst, is HELL+, in my experience and opinion. You all are free to have your own opinion and I will agree with you for I'm sure it is HELL+ to you.