Suggestions please..

emscub

Dec 5, 2003
Bath
Hello all,

Recently my Nan has been having problems with sores and is complaining of being very uncomfortable. We are presuming that these are to do with her incontinence pads which she has to wear constantly causing irritation, as the sores are only affecting this area.
Has anyone else had problems with this? We aren't sure what to do so any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Just a little update, my Mum has been to the doctors today, and she has been promised that my Nan will be assessed and that the doctor is going to arrange this. I really hope it happens this time.

xx

jukeboxgypsy

Nov 26, 2003
Hi Emma

Sudacreme is quite good you can purchase at supermarkets or chemist ......recommended for nappy rash. Found it very good but i think you should check with your nan's doctor.
Good Luck

salacious

May 25, 2008
west midlands
hi emma

when my mom used to have to use incontinence pads they used a specific cream on it that you can get from the docs, i cant remember what it is right now, but ill ask my nan for you and ill pm you when i find out

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Emma

Sudacreme is also what they use in John's nursing home for minor abrasions.

But please check with the GP. Sores can be very difficult to get rid of, it took a full year for a friction burn on John's heel to clear, and that was with daily dressing. There are other treatments available on prescription. Your nan may need a visit from the district nurse, please stress that this is urgent.

PP23

Aug 18, 2008
Isle of Wight
My Dad was having similar problems. The district nurse prescribed a barrier cream (which is less drying than sudocreme) and as my Dad is largely immobile, supplied an air mattress for the bed and a pressure cushion for his chair.The combination of these has worked brilliantly.

Could also try alternating between different brands of inco pants so that the seams etc aren't always in exactly the same place - it might help to reduce the chafing.

PP:)