Suggestions for an electric shaver please

Tilly13

Jul 27, 2020
Hello
My Dad has Alzheimers and has been in a Care Home for 7 months.
With assistance of at home Carers he would wet shave ( with occasional refusals ) but is now much more resistant and so is now not shaving at all.
Many years ago he would use an electric shaver when on his caravan trips away and wonder if this might be better than a wet shave.

Has anyone found that electric shavers are easier and any particular type?
Thanks

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
I've always used a 3 head Philishave, first mains and for about last 50 years mains rechargeable.
They are used against grain.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
I used the same as nitram ... though dad grew gradually more resistant and didn't like the feeling so in the end it wasn't worth putting him through the discomfort .. He grew a lovely white beard, I teased him that he looked like Father Christmas, which made him chuckle; a special memory

Tilly13

Jul 27, 2020
Ah - thanks for your replies @nitram and @Shedrech .
I wouldn't be too concerned about Dad growing a beard but my Mum who lives with him is quite vocal about her dislike of his whiskers.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
my husband has the same rechargeable phillips 3 head wet and dry razor. i dont like his whiskers either although he did have a goatee at one stage. i think the trick is not to let it grow too much then it wont take long to shave. carers will probably prefer an electric one. i really dont like wet shaving men as im worried its a blunt razor or i will nick their faces.

Thethirdmrsc

Apr 4, 2018
My husband was obsessive about shaving, but can no longer do it himself. He has a combination of a wet shave, but he also has a small battery Philips rotating head one, and a Remington foil head one. They are very good in the home about keeping him shaved, and I only have to do his top lip occasionally.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
my husband has the same rechargeable phillips 3 head wet and dry razor
I didn't go for the wet and dry, I find the dry OK, shaving before washing face gives best results.
I can wash it out under a running tap, much better than the old system using a brush.

Tilly13

Jul 27, 2020
Thank you for all your replies
I will look at the Phillips shavers and talk with the home too.