Suddenly now at Peace

Helena

May 24, 2006
My Mother passed away this AM
She had become unwell with a blood infection yesterday and antibiotics were of no help

I am thankful she is now at peace and free of the agitation and distress never mind the medical intervention which dragged out the last 5 weeks

I still urge everyone to make an Advance Directive
Like many other things all she did was TALK but never acted

If she had acted she could have been spared the last 5 weeks of immense distress for all concerned not least herself

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello Helena - my deepest sympathies at your loss. I hope you get some comfort from knowing that you have truly given your best and now your mother is at peace. Thank you for your advice - we should all take heed. Take care of yourself now. Best wishes Beckyjan

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Helena

I'm sorry for the loss of your Mum, but you really lost her a while ago, didn't you. She is at peace now, and you can take time to recover from the intolerable strain of the last few weeks.

Thinking of you tonight, take care,

alex

Apr 10, 2006
Hi Helena

So sorry to hear of your loss, i hope the thought of your mum not suffering anymore will give you comfort in the weeks to come.
I hope you find peace in the knowledge that you done everything you could for your mum.

Love Alex x

Kayla

May 14, 2006
Kent
At Peace

Dear Helena,
I'm sorry that your mother has passed away so suddenly, but now she will be at peace and you will able to remember her as she was before her illness, which has caused you and your family such distress.
Many of the things that have troubled you all so much, have happened to my Mum, although perhaps to a lesser extent. It is so sad to see an independent and intelligent person become so dependent on others and so unlike their true self.
I hope that you will feel able to celebrate all the achievements in her life and move on, remembering the positive aspects of her personality. I'll be thinking of you at this difficult time,
Best wishes
from Kayla

Lila13

Feb 24, 2006
I'm sorry about your mother. It must feel so strange after all the turmoil of recent months.

Lila

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Dear Helena
I am so sorry for your loss, but I know from your previous posts you muct be relieved that she is now at peace.

Love

Jennifer

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Helena, It had to come. Such a shame you all had to endure so much heartache . Please accept my deepest sympathy and sincere condolences. Your mother`s fight is over. Your fight is over. Love Sylvia

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Dear helena
I'm so sorry to hear about your mother....this has been an awful time for you and your family and at last your mother is at peace
Please take care
love Wendy xx

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Dear Helena

'Suddenly' and 'peace' don't often seem to sit synonymously here ..... but in the open and honest way in which you have described your mother's final months and weeks, especially, I was shocked, surprised, and admittedly relieved (best word I can find, sorry) to hear your news.

Relieved because your mother has no more indignity or suffering to withstand, when all hope for any reprieve had clearly gone ..... relieved because you yourself may now find some peace......

For all talk of 'peace', please never lose that strength to 'fight' - as you have done for your mum - ........ and to share your battles as you have here to help others fight...... she would be be so bl**dy proud of you!!!!! (But I guess you know that),

With all my love, Karen, x

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi Helena

I really don't have to write a word - everyone has already put anything I might have wanted to say most eloquently.

Best wishes

Helena

May 24, 2006
I phoned one of her friends tonight and she said :-

"your Mother always used to say what a wonderful needlewoman you are "

Funny that My Mother never ever said that to me .........in fact quite the reverse ....Nothing I ever did in either my long Professional career in every possible form of Needlework or for myself or my entire family ever got one ounce of praise from her just non stop criticism ...........it was only my Mothers work that was perfect and mine that was rubbish .

If only there had ever been an ounce of truth and praise from my Mother life would have been so much nicer

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
I bet behind your back to her friends , your mother was proud of you , yes just a shame that she never show that side to you , so many if only .

alex

Apr 10, 2006
Hi Helena

We all look for approval, praise and love from our parents but they do not always show it............. i know with my mum, she would never give praise to me, but she always tells others (that somehow means more)............i know that i would never tell my mum how much i admire her, but i do admire her enormously!

We don't always tell the people we love, that we love them.............i'm sure your mum loved you in her own way, even if she didn't express it.

Now is the time to be kind to yourself.

Take care
Love Alex x