Suddenly now at Peace

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
Helena said:
I phoned one of her friends tonight and she said :-

"your Mother always used to say what a wonderful needlewoman you are "

Funny that My Mother never ever said that to me .........in fact quite the reverse ....Nothing I ever did in either my long Professional career in every possible form of Needlework or for myself or my entire family ever got one ounce of praise from her just non stop criticism ...........it was only my Mothers work that was perfect and mine that was rubbish .

If only there had ever been an ounce of truth and praise from my Mother life would have been so much nicer

Helena

I know that this will be a difficult time for you and your family. I know also that, at times like this, we often wish things could be different than they are. However, the fact that your mum spoke about you in the way that she did shows that she loved you and was proud of you. I hope you can take some comfort from that.

My dad died 2 years ago. I don't know that I can ever recall a time when he said that he loved me, consequently I probably found it hard to tell him that I loved him. However, that doesn't mean that we didn't love each other, or that I don't miss him and sometimes wish our relationship could be different than it was.

You have lost someone who was very important in your life. You need to give yourself time to grieve for what you have lost and for what you wish could have been. Be kind to yourself at this time. Try not to let your anger over what has happened consume you.

Easier said than done, I know!

Take care.

willemm

Sep 20, 2006
Dear Helena
I would like to add my own heartfelt sympathy and good wishes for you and your family in your loss, having recently lost my wife under difficult and strained circumstances over a long period.
A chapter has ended, and a new one has begun.
You now have to take stock of your new situation, and re-organise your own life which has taken a back seat for so long.
This doesn't mean you can forget how things were, this will, as always, take some time for adjustment, and if you are like me and most others similarly affected, you will grieve whenever the emotion of your loss takes over.
You have been so courageous all along - it now takes a different kind of courage to look to the future, without forgetting the past but putting it into a different perspective. It can be done. You deserve it.
Love and best wishes
Bill

fluff

Nov 21, 2006
Helena
My deepest sympathy on your loss, I know from when my Dad died last year that however much you know it was the time for your mother to die, the grief death brings is still there for you.

However, you might like to know that your message has not fallen on deaf ears, my mother has recently talked about wanting to make a living will, without knowing the procedure. I have now printed out some advice leaflets and am sending them to her. You may have eased the future suffering of one family, at least. Thank you for your courage.

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
I too am so sorry to hear of your loss.

When I was very young and my mother died (after a long and dreadful illness) my Dad used the phrase "A happy release" I didn't understand it then but now it makes so much sense.

Take care of yourself.

Love Linda x

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Dear Helena

I'm both sorry and glad that the awful, prolonged trials that you & your Mum have had to endure are at an end.
Peace be with you both now.

Regards

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Dear Helena,
Thinking of you and hoping you can spend some time now recuperating from your long and difficult journey. It is not an easy time of the year to relax, but hopefully you can find spaces in your busy-ness to care for and pamper yourself in this difficult time. Our relationships with our closest family are usually the most vexing and the most rewarding - sometimes it can be hard to know which takes precedence! May your next few weeks be a time of acceptance for you. Sending you lots of caring hugs. Nell.

dmc

Mar 13, 2006
helena

so sorry for the loss of your mum, sorry its a little late, ive only just caught up with this thread
thinking of you.