• All threads and posts regarding Coronavirus COVID-19 can be found in our area specifically for Coronavirus COVID-19 discussion.

You can directly access this area >here<.

Sudden turn of events

margherita

May 30, 2017
Italy, Milan and Acqui Terme
You have great generosity of spirit @margherita and you are right that it does not take much effort to bring just a few moments of happiness into someone's life. Who you were and what you meant to each other is in the past. Compassion for his situation does not alter what went before but you are beyond that now. Your loneliness is being replaced by a new strength as you get used to living alone. I hope that your freedom gives opportunities for you to re-engage with others if and when you wish to do so. Wishing you all the best.
Thanks for your words @northumbrian_k .
Everything is in the past , as you say, and now I want to look ahead and do what I like best, helping stray dogs and travelling.
Wishing you all the best, too

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
Hello @margherita - I am glad that you have reached a more peaceful state of mind after all that has gone before. The removal of 24/7 care and worry has given you the breathing space you so desperately needed and I wish the best for both you and your husband going forward.

margherita

May 30, 2017
Italy, Milan and Acqui Terme
Hello @margherita - I am glad that you have reached a more peaceful state of mind after all that has gone before. The removal of 24/7 care and worry has given you the breathing space you so desperately needed and I wish the best for both you and your husband going forward.
Hi @LynneMcV,
I was really at the end of my tether and I didn't recognise myself in the angry and rancorous person I had become.
Thank goodness I am no longer my husband's carer. I wish the best for you, too because you deserve it.