Such a shock, mum had massive stroke ...

henfenywfach

May 23, 2013
rct
I'm sorry to hear your sad news. You have already given something back and helped other people by being honest about your feelings and telling your story. You are helping us all to prepare for the future. As a mum I can understand that you are trying to be a help to everyone when they're upset ..don't forget time for you too.
We can't promise to make you feel better but we can offer words of support. Best wishes and keep using talking point.

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Count2ten...Sorry to hear your news.
Your Mum was lifted by your love. Your family are being supported by your love. You are being carried by our virtual love.... what a wonderful lot of love during this awfully sad time.
Condolences.....x.x.

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Thinking of you xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTalking Point1439908350.655610.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTalking Point1439908350.655610.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 317

beverrino

Jan 12, 2015
So sorry for your loss and the awful time it is having to deal with all things practical as well as the grief.
Take care and together with your family, I wish you all strength for the time ahead xx

submarine

Apr 5, 2013
London
May I add my condolences. May your mother rest in peace.

So sorry for your loss.
Submarine

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
I'm so sorry

Count2Ten, please accept my condolences on the death of your mother. I am thinking of you and your family.

count2ten

Dec 13, 2013
Thank you everyone for your lovely words of support , not only for my loss but throughout the months of her illness when I didn't know where to turn or what to do at times. I am learning to deal with the "ifs" and "maybe's" of the past few years, the things that could have been done differently - the hindsight that all of us on this site are all too familiar with.

With the support of my wonderful family we managed to arrange a beautiful funeral, the sun shone all day and it brought so many family members and friends together again. She would have loved it, always liked a good family get together and a drink or two. I know my mother is at last at peace, there are no lingering doubts about the decisions we made towards the end, we all know now that her time had come and she passed peacefully. The sadness I feel now is knowing how much I will miss seeing her, even though she didn't really know us for the last few month of her life - but I lost my mum a long time ago and I did most of my grieving then - nobody seems to really understand this, but I know most of you on this site will.

I now have to start the process of obtaining probate and executing her Will - she wanted me to do it but thinking maybe I should get a solicitor. See how it goes.

Thank you and bless you all.