Subarachnoid haemorrhage and now ACEiii 75

Kermit2003

Oct 21, 2018
My aunt had a subarachnoid haemorrhage 5 weeks ago. She was previous in excellent health, although had started becoming obsessive about about money.
The haemorrhage has left her incontintent and her memory is affected. The geriatrician she is under requested an ACEiii which she scored 75 on.
The occupational therapist keeps telling her and my family this is a “perfect” score for someone in her position. They all believe that.
I know it’s not, and I have also read the integrated care pathway for early stage/mild cognitive function. I think almost certainly she will be referred to psychiatry. While I think this support will be good in the long run, she has a POA in favour of two lawyers she has never met. One has since retired to Canada.
The whole thing is a mess and my family have called me “nuts” for getting stressed.
As much as I would like up help I have three children under 8 and a full time job and a part time job.
I would like to know if anyone has seen an improvement in cognative function or is it likely to reduce further?

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Hello @Kermit2003, welcome to TP. I hope you find this to be a supportive place.

I have read about temporary improvements in cognitive function. However, I have to say that a progressive deterioration is the norm, although the speed of the deterioration is unpredictable.

Others may be able to advise from personal experience.