Struggling

KerryH

Nov 9, 2015
Mums been in CH for a month now. At first it was a nightmare with her trying to escape but she eventually settled. Christmas passed without much drama but now she's started phoning me every evening (asking the carers to call me for her) and asking why we've (me and my brother) put her there. We've deduced that it's roughly the same time every evening, around 7pm which is the sun downing period.

Has anyone else experienced this and have you any advice on coping.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Mums been in CH for a month now. At first it was a nightmare with her trying to escape but she eventually settled. Christmas passed without much drama but now she's started phoning me every evening (asking the carers to call me for her) and asking why we've (me and my brother) put her there. We've deduced that it's roughly the same time every evening, around 7pm which is the sun downing period.

Has anyone else experienced this and have you any advice on coping.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Hello Kerry H

Sorry you are struggling. Can you speak to the home about this as to the best way to deal with it. Maybe agreeing to help her phone at certain times only and not daily which must be difficult for you and also I can't imagine it is helping her settle if it is every day. I would try and speak to the manager as the carers are probably just doing what your Mum asks.

Best wishes
Sue:)