Struggling with December

Sharon21

Aug 14, 2015
Haha I have had that thought many a time. Parents treat their children the same and teach them the same values so what goes wrong. Funny thing is that I was the problem child while my brother was little Mr goody two shoes and mums favourite.
Strangely my brother was a lot closer to mum than I was... Yet he was able to walk away without a backward glance.... Nowt as strange as folk... As they say!

Sharon21

Aug 14, 2015
I think my siblings were changelings!!

Growing up my sister was dad’s favourite and brother my mum’s - I’ve actually been told this by 2 different aunts. I had to fight for everything I wanted while siblings didn’t. As a child I thought this was just because I was the eldest. I was always expected to give in to my younger siblings. I suspect siblings still think of me in that way...and still think I should be looking after them!
Not being a parent myself I find the concept of favourites very strange. Luckily my parents didn't seem to have a favourite.. Only that I was much more independent than my brother... Or he was more needy which naturally meant my mum did more with him than me. There was never any jealousy between us thankfully.
Unfortunately my husbands mother has a definite favourite... Her son who is a complete wrong un . Been in prison... Borrows her money.. Never pays it back etc etc. Suffice to say.. That isn't my husband!