Struggling today

cesar66

Feb 1, 2023
Hi just had to write down how I'm feeling today I'm crying as I write this I know it's very early days yet but I'm missing my wee mum can't believe she's gone where have the last ten years gone and the last four months when we brought her home when she was diagnosed with terminal cancer it's gone in a flash thats how it seems at the minute. I'm yearning for my old mum back to hug me and tell me everything will be ok I miss her smile I miss cuddling her I miss holding her hand the inner child in us always needs their mum at some point. Alazimhers has robbed so many of us of our parents and partners it's the most cruel and heartbreaking illness it robbed my mum of the last ten years of her life. Like so many of you great people on here living and witnessing this illness does affect you you are grieving for that person for years.Then when they die it's a different grief it's coping and trying to accept the finality. I know time is the only thing that helps but at the moment my heart is breaking for my mum

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry to hear of how low you're feeling @cesar66. I'm glad you have shared here as you know we all understand how you're feeling. Please keep posting here as I think it will help to express how you feel.

Thinking of you and wishing you strength. 🤗

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
Oh @cesar66 I can feel the heartache in your post. It is clear that your wee mum was so much loved. These wonderful mums leave such a large hole in our lives when they go - and that in itself is testament to how absolutely amazing, loving and inspiring they have been to us in our own lives.

It will get easier to cope with, but it will take time - allow yourself that time, however long that might be, there are no rules on it. In the meantime know that we are here whenever you need to talk.

cesar66

Feb 1, 2023
Oh @cesar66 I can feel the heartache in your post. It is clear that your wee mum was so much loved. These wonderful mums leave such a large hole in our lives when they go - and that in itself is testament to how absolutely amazing, loving and inspiring they have been to us in our own lives.

It will get easier to cope with, but it will take time - allow yourself that time, however long that might be, there are no rules on it. In the meantime know that we are here whenever you need to talk.
Thank you LynneMcv

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
Grieving is the price of love.
As LynneMcV says there are no rules, no time scale, no wrong way. It's what's best for you, so just go with the flow of your emotions.
Sharing can be cathartic.

cesar66

Feb 1, 2023
Grieving is the price of love.
As LynneMcV says there are no rules, no time scale, no wrong way. It's what's best for you, so just go with the flow of your emotions.
Sharing can be cathartic.
Exactly Chizz grieving is the price of love