Struggling Now

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
A big one from me too, Es. Can understand how shocked you must be but he will come home again soon and hopefully all the work will be done by then. Xxxx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
A shock for you Es but maybe for the best. I hope you manage to get some rest.

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Hugs from me too Es, what an awful 24 hours for you and Nick . Echo what Verity said, Nick will be home again soon and everything will be in place to make things just a bit easier. Holding you both in my heart xxxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Supportive hugs through the ether Es, do hope you can get some rest to build your strength up a bit for when Nick comes home. Take care xx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Lyn just suggested a group hug on Jeany's thread. I think a you need it too Es. x

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    47.3 KB · Views: 349

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Es I hope you are OK. Hopefully Nick is sorted and you have recovered from the shock.
Thinking of you
Good thinking Izzy.

sleepless

Feb 19, 2010
The Sweet North
Esmeralda, I understand that this has come as a shock to you, but let's be grateful that Nick is not against the idea. He is probably unsettled by the change of routine, and of course he is not well. He is in no way rejecting you or your care.
I must confess something now.
Because of the disruption we endured for a much simpler installation, I honestly would have advised you to find a nice care home for Nick to stay in for the duration.
But when I wrote to you the work was due to start the next day, so I didn't mention it. I was very concerned as to how you might cope, but thought your home may have been bigger than ours, so Nick would have been less aware of everything. As you know, my husband spent every day at the day centre while the work went on, as the layout here would have meant he would have been in the centre of all the comings in and goings out!
So although I know it's not what you planned, I do think it is for the best. The work can go ahead without you worrying about how it is affecting Nick, and you can get some quality sleep which you will need.
Honestly, if I had known about the project weeks or months ago, this is what I would have suggested, Esmeralda., based on how it was for us during a less disruptive job.
Wishing you a good night's sleep, and a speedy recovery for Nick.
Sleepless xx

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Thanks bemused and Izzy. Crisis Team can't get agency carers so he is going into emergency respite. I didn't want this and said I would see if either of the private carers I use for when I am out would come and help me but Nick said he would prefer to go to a CH. Asked him if he would feel safer and he said yes. Amazed he has made this decision and a bit taken aback I suppose. Think I will go and have that cry bemused:(

This definitely qualifies for a massive cyber bouquet, of my choicest blooms, a bottle of whatever takes your fancy, and the biggest box of chocolate I can find. :) And several boxes of tissues! Love and strength to you sweetie. xxx

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Es I hope you are sleeping now, not feeling all sorts of negative emotions.Nothing we can say will make you feel any better but just know we understand and offer our support every step of the way

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Just to update, Nick deteriorated through the day and I called his GP out, she prescribed stronger antibiotics but didn't think he needed catheterising or hospital admission.
Ambulance team of two came to take him to CH but they just couldn't move him. He was so rigid, couldn't be bent either at the waist or his legs. After loads of consultation it was decided they would call a 999 ambulance. There were three of them and they did lots of tests and decided they would take him to hospital.
Eventually got to hospital at 1130 pm, and the doctor said she would admit him. put him on intravenous AB's and catheterise him. His blood pressure was skyhigh too. Eventually he fell asleep. Think he was exhausted, poor lamb. I stayed until 0300, then came home.
Feeling a bit sad and tearful but very grateful for all your good wishes, cyber bouquets, bottles, group hugs and chocolate. Lovely to come home to. Thank you all for the love. Backatcha.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Es I am so sorry to hear this but Nick is going to improve with treatment.These evil infections they wreak such havoc.
What a dreadful day for you, I hope you can just relax a little and get some sleep.Then face the rest of today a little less tired.
A bit sad and tearful is probably an understatement I suspect,love and hugs for you and hopes that Nick makes a speedy recovery.xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:

sleepless

Feb 19, 2010
The Sweet North
Esmeralda, you must be exhausted, such an awful evening and night you have had.
I hope you are managing to get some sleep.
The intravenous antibiotics will act fast, and hopefully Nick will show some improvement sooner for having them.
Thinking of you both. xx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I hope you're asleep now Es. Hopefully the treatment will kick in quickly and Nick will start to improve.

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Dear Es sorry to hear you are having such a difficult time, my heart goes out to you, try to get some much needed rest while you can, thinking of you Pam

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Es, you must be exhausted . Now Nick is being looked after in hospital a hope the IV ABs kick in quickly and that you will get some rest. Did try to reply to your pm but your inbox is full. Sending bright lights your way . Much love to you both xxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point