Struggling Now

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Thanks disi, if I manage to solve any of these problems I'll let you know. With posting pics you have to reduce the size of the photo then it will usually upload. Easy to do, if you get the photo on the screen, at the top there is a plus and minus sign, just use that to make the photo smaller then it should be okay - hopefully. Blind leading the blind I think:rolleyes:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
How is Nick? Are you expecting him home any time soon.
Did you have an enjoyable visit from your friends? When you've finished those questions,I hope all is well.

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Hi Chuggs and bemused. It was nice to see friends, they didn't stay that long but it made a change, and of course I've got the builders for company!

Tried to speak to a doctor today but failed. Did talk to physio though who is really helpful. He said Nick is much better today, and he was sitting out when I got there. They have been finding it easier to get him up with the Turner as well. He's no longer having intravenous AB's, but still has a catheter. The physio said they won't just be phoning up and sending him home at short notice, it will be a considered process, which is good.

I have got two nights respite booked for next week. Desperate for this to go ahead as my dau has booked us tickets to see Bob Dylan :D:D:D in Cardiff. My main worry at the moment is that if he's home by then I won't be able to get him over the back step and into/out of the car. Physio has given me a number to ring to see if I can get help with transport. I have spoken to the Respite Care Manager and she is happy that they can cope with him while he's there.

It's sort of hard to tell but I feel Nick is more 'not there' mentally. Having big problems with his speech now which he finds very frustrating. Perhaps when he gets back to his own environment this will improve, although it's not a new problem. Otherwise he just takes it all in his stride. I hope he will come home for a few days before he has to go off again.

Chuggs - whatever you do, DO NOT leave your home. Sorry, I know I don't know all the details but you really mustn't, it's the most precious thing you have. I'm so sorry you have these ongoing problems. Really wishing you could get some effective help. Same goes for you bemused.
sending love, blessings, and a pat for Jess.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mal2

Oct 14, 2014
Enfield
Hi Es,

I wondered why we hadn't heard from you in the tea room. By accident I have just found your thread, regarding the incontinence pads.

If it is of any help, I use the Tena slips, with the highest absorb, for Stan. I tried pull ups but it meant having to take the trousers off every time I changed him. The slips are like baby diapers with the sticky tapes at the side. Water finds it's level, so it will escape, but, I have never had and leakage of 'poo' when I get him up in the mornings.

I am so sorry you have had so much to cope with in the last couple of weeks. I feel guilty that I had not sent support to you and Nick, but, I am pleased to hear he is improving.

My thoughts are with you both, sending many hugs. M xxx :)

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Hello lovely Es, good to hear Nick was up and IV ABs have stopped . Infections create havoc on the body and I hope Nicks speech will recover as he gets better . You have so much on your plate at the moment but don't forget to look after yourself too . Sending love and hugs xxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Hi Chuggs and bemused. It was nice to see friends, they didn't stay that long but it made a change, and of course I've got the builders for company!

Tried to speak to a doctor today but failed. Did talk to physio though who is really helpful. He said Nick is much better today, and he was sitting out when I got there. They have been finding it easier to get him up with the Turner as well. He's no longer having intravenous AB's, but still has a catheter. The physio said they won't just be phoning up and sending him home at short notice, it will be a considered process, which is good.

I have got two nights respite booked for next week. Desperate for this to go ahead as my dau has booked us tickets to see Bob Dylan :D:D:D in Cardiff. My main worry at the moment is that if he's home by then I won't be able to get him over the back step and into/out of the car. Physio has given me a number to ring to see if I can get help with transport. I have spoken to the Respite Care Manager and she is happy that they can cope with him while he's there.

It's sort of hard to tell but I feel Nick is more 'not there' mentally. Having big problems with his speech now which he finds very frustrating. Perhaps when he gets back to his own environment this will improve, although it's not a new problem. Otherwise he just takes it all in his stride. I hope he will come home for a few days before he has to go off again.

Chuggs - whatever you do, DO NOT leave your home. Sorry, I know I don't know all the details but you really mustn't, it's the most precious thing you have. I'm so sorry you have these ongoing problems. Really wishing you could get some effective help. Same goes for you bemused.
sending love, blessings, and a pat for Jess.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Not so precious if it becomes a liability, Es. You can't pay bills on fresh air. I know. I've lived through that, more than once.

What sticks in my craw is we were never in debt whilst together. Not with anything. Ever. Now, I'm not far away from being £1,300 in debt over these charges. If ESA fails, I've got no backup. If it would hurry up and come through, I wouldn't even be complaining, or having to worry. It would be my absolute pleasure to shut up and stump up. He's my husband, for crying out loud, Es. Anyone would treat a dog better than we're being treated! Have to use me loaf, is all.

Putting out one last "feeler" before giving up. But, if the call never comes. Again. then I quit playing games any more.

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Bob Dylan, can I come? I saw him at Blackbush Aerodrome back in the 80s, hard to believe he's still doing international tours.
Good news about Nick. At least you will have a hoist if and when you need it. Hope it works out as you want timewise.xxx

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Hi Es,

I wondered why we hadn't heard from you in the tea room. By accident I have just found your thread, regarding the incontinence pads.

If it is of any help, I use the Tena slips, with the highest absorb, for Stan. I tried pull ups but it meant having to take the trousers off every time I changed him. The slips are like baby diapers with the sticky tapes at the side. Water finds it's level, so it will escape, but, I have never had and leakage of 'poo' when I get him up in the mornings.

I am so sorry you have had so much to cope with in the last couple of weeks. I feel guilty that I had not sent support to you and Nick, but, I am pleased to hear he is improving.

My thoughts are with you both, sending many hugs. M xxx :)

Thanks Mal, You're so kind. Will definitely look at trying the slips. Definitely would be easier to change. Love the Positives thread but get a bit overwhelmed by the size!! I posted a couple of times but because I usually post quite late I think they get lost. I loved seeing the pictures of Stan at your daughter's wedding.

Hey - caught you using the 'g' word, Scarlett will be after you. You have more than enough on your plate, just nice when we do catch up.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Not so precious if it becomes a liability, Es. You can't pay bills on fresh air. I know. I've lived through that, more than once.

What sticks in my craw is we were never in debt whilst together. Not with anything. Ever. Now, I'm not far away from being £1,300 in debt over these charges. If ESA fails, I've got no backup. If it would hurry up and come through, I wouldn't even be complaining, or having to worry. It would be my absolute pleasure to shut up and stump up. He's my husband, for crying out loud, Es. Anyone would treat a dog better than we're being treated! Have to use me loaf, is all.

Putting out one last "feeler" before giving up. But, if the call never comes. Again. then I quit playing games any more.

OK Chuggs, I understand I don't know the whole situation, but you have to live somewhere and will always have bills to pay. Hope you can find a resolution. Lots of love to you.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
You are coping so well considering Es, I hope Nick continues to improve and he can get back to his normal environment soon xxx K

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Hello lovely Es, good to hear Nick was up and IV ABs have stopped . Infections create havoc on the body and I hope Nicks speech will recover as he gets better . You have so much on your plate at the moment but don't forget to look after yourself too . Sending love and hugs xxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Hello lovely Heikechick, thank you. I hope you and John are well now, I do drop into Positives now and then but it takes me ages to read through, and I'm also having computer problems with it dumping my posts. Loved your last lot of photos. Little Noah is so cute, your grandchildren must be such a joy to you.

Nick's ability to communicate his thoughts has been very poor for some time now , but there have been patches when he's more able. Just seems very bad at present. Breaks my heart to see him struggling. There was a time when he talked too much!!

Lots of love to you and John. Hope you have a good day.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
You are coping so well considering Es, I hope Nick continues to improve and he can get back to his normal environment soon xxx K

Hi Kerry, nice to see you. Don't think I've got nearly as much on as you have. Hope your lovely mum and dad are doing ok. Give Olive a pat for me. Hope things settle down a bit for you.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
Hi Kerry, nice to see you. Don't think I've got nearly as much on as you have. Hope your lovely mum and dad are doing ok. Give Olive a pat for me. Hope things settle down a bit for you.

I'm fine Es , I don't have it all the time ...il pat olive when she drys and doesn't stink of *bathed dog remnants of fox poo smell*:rolleyes:

Xx

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Bob Dylan, can I come? I saw him at Blackbush Aerodrome back in the 80s, hard to believe he's still doing international tours.
Good news about Nick. At least you will have a hoist if and when you need it. Hope it works out as you want timewise.xxx

Hi bemused, have to shrink you down a bit but we'd be very happy to smuggle you in. .
I've never seen him before and my lovely dau knew I always wanted to so she got us tickets. I was amazed he was still touring too.

Hope this morning was okay and you got the help you need. Love to you and your husband, and Jess of course.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Hi bemused, have to shrink you down a bit but we'd be very happy to smuggle you in. .
I've never seen him before and my lovely dau knew I always wanted to so she got us tickets. I was amazed he was still touring too.

Hope this morning was okay and you got the help you need. Love to you and your husband, and Jess of course.

I love Bob Dylan. Buy me some albums, hahahahahaha. I know you'll have an awesome time, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Hi bemused. Spoke to the Staff Nurse and she said he is improving. They are taking the catheter out tonight, but if he us still retaining urine he will have to have a permanent catheter. I am quite worried about the implications regarding further UTI's if this is the case.

How are you? I hope you haven't got any significant damage from your fall. Horrible thing to happen because it shakes you up so much.
Wishing you a good night, sleep well - if you can get comfortable.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mal2

Oct 14, 2014
Enfield
Thanks Mal, You're so kind. Will definitely look at trying the slips. Definitely would be easier to change. Love the Positives thread but get a bit overwhelmed by the size!! I posted a couple of times but because I usually post quite late I think they get lost. I loved seeing the pictures of Stan at your daughter's wedding.

Hey - caught you using the 'g' word, Scarlett will be after you. You have more than enough on your plate, just nice when we do catch up.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hope it helps, I also put a pad inside the slip at night it doesn't stop the water leaking, but holds any 'poo'. If you look 'Tena' up online, they do samples of pads/slips etc, that way people can try the different sizes or absorbency levels. There is a small charge. I heard someone say the manufacturers said it doesn't make any difference, but it does for me.

I don't usually go on Positives till late, by the time I get up wash/dress, let the cats in, feed them, wash/dress Stan, it is getting on for 10.30 sometimes 11.00. Breakfast, washing, housework etc, it's lunchtime, and so on. (what idiot decided to do decorating too :D ) The days go so quickly don't they? Don't know how I ever found the time to go to work, but, of course there wasn't the D then.

Yes I love that picture of them together ( proud Dad) Daddies girl, she could wrap him around her little finger :)

I will have to look in the threads more often, I still haven't quite got the hang of moving around in different areas, but, give me a couple of years, maybe I get it. Oh! ok. I have seen messages about the 'g' word, but, never knew what it meant. Will have to check up on my shorthand:D Take care thinking of you and Nick, wishing him well soon. M xxx :)

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Hi Es good news that Nick is improving not so good about the catheter But I guess if he is retaining urine the chances are he will get recurring infections.
Any news on when he will be discharged?
I'm OK thanks just stiff. Have help this morning so will manage OK. Just don't want to be doing that again in a hurry