Struggling Now

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Thinking of you Es hope all is OK and catheter business is all sorted. Bet you're looking forward to Bob Dylan now

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Oh Es do sympathise with what you're going through as we're having very similar problems. I feel so guilty that Bernard is bed blocking now but when I read his notes and the struggles the nurses have with him at night I know I couldn't cope. I hope Nick improves, this urine retention thing is a nightmare, B is so sore down there as he kept pulling the catheter out that I dread him having to have another one. Enjoy Bob Dylan, I'm quite jealous, didn't even realise he was playing in Cardiff!. xxx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
I'm really sorry poor Bernard is so unwell Jinx, it must be terribly upsetting for you. Nick has had to be recatheterised unfortunately, but apart from that and the fact his short term memory seems worse he is quite calm. I may learn more once he's seen the doctor tomorrow about what the plans are for him but it's looking less likely that he will come home before I go away now, which would be easier.

Cleaned a lot of building dust away today, hopefully they will finish tomorrow and I can have a shower - hoorah.

Thank you thebes, Heikechick, bemused, Verity, Scarlett and Chuggs for your kindness, so much appreciated.
Sending love and blessings
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello Es checking up with your problems with Nick, l have been so tied up with hubby. Has a CH been found for Nick, you will feel better once he is settled, l now enjoy going to see my hubby, the relieve is just amazing after 24/7 of caring now only 4hrs a day, and l can walk away, the staff are so kind and caring. Thinking of you

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
I'm really sorry poor Bernard is so unwell Jinx, it must be terribly upsetting for you. Nick has had to be recatheterised unfortunately, but apart from that and the fact his short term memory seems worse he is quite calm. I may learn more once he's seen the doctor tomorrow about what the plans are for him but it's looking less likely that he will come home before I go away now, which would be easier.

Cleaned a lot of building dust away today, hopefully they will finish tomorrow and I can have a shower - hoorah.

Thank you thebes, Heikechick, bemused, Verity, Scarlett and Chuggs for your kindness, so much appreciated.
Sending love and blessings
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Such worrying times Es . Glad the wet room is nearly finished don't know how you coped with it all and Nick being so poorly too. You must be exhausted ! Sad nick had to be catheterised again but at least he is calm bless him. Keeping fingers crossed for a good outcome at the meeting. Thinking of you both . Lots of love Heike xxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Oop, duplicated post so have deleted this one. Pesky computer is driving me mad:mad:

Last edited:

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Hello Es checking up with your problems with Nick, l have been so tied up with hubby. Has a CH been found for Nick, you will feel better once he is settled, l now enjoy going to see my hubby, the relieve is just amazing after 24/7 of caring now only 4hrs a day, and l can walk away, the staff are so kind and caring. Thinking of you

Ooh, like your pink hearts Pam.
So glad you have found somewhere lovely for your hubby and you are able to get some rest, feeling confident that he is being so well cared for. You keep going day after day and don't always realise what a strain it is until it stops.
Nick is just going in for respite at this stage, so I can keep my appointment with Bob Dylan:D
Love and hugs to you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Such worrying times Es . Glad the wet room is nearly finished don't know how you coped with it all and Nick being so poorly too. You must be exhausted ! Sad nick had to be catheterised again but at least he is calm bless him. Keeping fingers crossed for a good outcome at the meeting. Thinking of you both . Lots of love Heike xxxxx

You're so kind Heike, with all the problems you and John have got. Lots of love and best wishes to you both.

When I visited today they said Nick is scheduled for discharge on Thursday, so that clears up the issue of respite, he will go straight there. I will ring to clarify tomorrow but at least I can go ahead with my plans now.

Wet room should be finished tomorrow so once we are both home things should settle down.

Love and blessings to all
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Glad its worked itself out Es. Better all round this way. So presumably the transport issue will be solved?
Post builder cleanup then this week?

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
You're so kind Heike, with all the problems you and John have got. Lots of love and best wishes to you both.

When I visited today they said Nick is scheduled for discharge on Thursday, so that clears up the issue of respite, he will go straight there. I will ring to clarify tomorrow but at least I can go ahead with my plans now.

Wet room should be finished tomorrow so once we are both home things should settle down.

Love and blessings to all
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Glad everything is falling into place for you, and very wise of you to "ring to clarify". ;) Have a super time with Bob! xxxx

disi

Aug 4, 2014
Ex pat living in Sweden
Glad to hear it seems to be sorted for Nick to go to respite. Good that your wet room is nearly finished. Wow all in place we hope, enjoy your visit with Bob Dylan. xxxxx

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Hi Es so pleased wet room is nearly finished and your house will be back to normal . It's probably so much easier for Nick to go straight to respite from hospital . Glad it is all sorted out to ease your worries. Have a lovely time at concert . Hugs to you and Nick xxxxx

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Aw, thanks everyone. Just tying up loose ends now and starting to think about what I need to take with me. As little as possible I think:)
Love and good thoughts to everyone who is struggling out there.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
You sound as though you're looking forward to your weekend. Hope Nick is transferred easily and you can just go and enjoy. Say hello to Bob for me.