Stressful day

Jassac

May 6, 2019
Mum was in a strange mood today, we went out and had to buy toilet rolls, she usually holds them on her knee in the wheelchair but not today, she wasn't having anyone see her with toilet rolls, she criticised everything we bought, I had to separate everything in the basket. Complained she was hungry but then didn't want anything to eat, she did eat though but she soon forgets what she has eaten.
She is also incontinent but now refuses to wear the pads but will put 2 or 3 pairs of disposable pants on instead, she has a habit of putting her tights on first then the pants, so I have to tell her to take her leg out of the tights and then put the underwear on.
She can't stand babies and children making noises anymore, so it's quite hard when we're out as she is liable to say something.
She gets food down her clothes, but she won't wear a bib
My brother is her main carer but I'm on leave from work for two weeks and we try and go out each day. She likes going out but doesn't know where she is
She is the only one left out of a family of seven, and she misses them very much some days then calls them the next and wants to know why no one visits her.
She gets my dad mixed up with her dad but her dad died in 1964. She can't seem to remember my dad although we have photos up of him.
They had been together since age 17 and he died 9 years ago. My mum can recite her date of birth but has no idea how old she is.
The joys of dementia.