Stressed newby

Solihull

Oct 2, 2014
West Midlands
GinnyKK, care visits in your own home are very different to a "care home". I know you think a care home is the last resort but in my experience it is the kindest thing you can do for a parent. My mum would not be here now if we had not found her a suitable care home, she is 91 and has gained over 1 stone in weight in six months, several friends and has her dignity back. I no longer feel resentment towards her and she is not struggling any longer. I know that care visits in the home, with all the best intentions can be quite hit & miss, expensive and impersonal but a care home has carers who are always available and they are very different now to what they were even 10 years ago.
I wish you well.
Sue

RobinH

Apr 9, 2012
London
Check some care homes out

Hi Ginny

I think you are thinking of what you saw all those years ago, not the reality. I really think you should visit some care homes - at least 5 or so - so you get a feel for the best and worst they can be. I hope you will be pleasantly surprised.

I also agree that it's a generalisation that everyone declines - sometimes quite the opposite. Give it a fair chance.

Robin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaronL